publication question Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
daylight

New

publication question

Post by daylight » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you could offer me some quick advice. I'm a 2L at a T25 law school and am not on law journal. I submitted my seminar paper to about 25 specialty law journals at other schools throughout the countries for publication consideration. I received an offer from another school that's in the top 50 and was given an acceptance deadline for about a week from now. I've requested that the other, higher ranked journals (i.e. T14) expedite their decisions so that I may be able to make an informed decision by my deadline. So basically, I'm wondering if I should hold off on accepting this offer by the time the deadline comes up if I haven't heard from the rest or should I just count my blessings and accept that someone wants to publish my work? Thanks so much.

vamedic03

Gold

Re: publication question

Post by vamedic03 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:09 pm

daylight wrote:Hey guys, I was just wondering if you could offer me some quick advice. I'm a 2L at a T25 law school and am not on law journal. I submitted my seminar paper to about 25 specialty law journals at other schools throughout the countries for publication consideration. I received an offer from another school that's in the top 50 and was given an acceptance deadline for about a week from now. I've requested that the other, higher ranked journals (i.e. T14) expedite their decisions so that I may be able to make an informed decision by my deadline. So basically, I'm wondering if I should hold off on accepting this offer by the time the deadline comes up if I haven't heard from the rest or should I just count my blessings and accept that someone wants to publish my work? Thanks so much.
If you asked for an expedited review, then you need to give them time to do the review. You have an offer to publish and a deadline - you can take all the way up to the deadline if you want.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”