Best Property Supplement? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Royal

Bronze

Best Property Supplement?

Post by Royal » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:57 am

What's the general consensus re: best property supplement? I'm using the Singer casebook. Thanks.

uzpakalis

Bronze

Re: Best Property Supplement?

Post by uzpakalis » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:08 pm

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... =3&t=26949

I used E & E (throughout the year) + crunchtime (closer to finals)

You may also want a book so that you can drill system of estates problems, I used this one http://www.amazon.com/Possessory-Estate ... 142&sr=8-3

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Property E&E was legit garbage.

uzpakalis

Bronze

Post by uzpakalis » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Property E&E was legit garbage.
def not as good as others...

phonepro

Bronze

Post by phonepro » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:08 pm

my professor recommended this: http://www.amazon.com/Property-Treatise ... 445&sr=8-3

which is more like a student treatise. anyone use it?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Amy wineBerry

New

Post by Amy wineBerry » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:35 pm

I have the same casebook and my professor recommended Singer's Property supplement and Estates in Land and Future Interests which is a problems and answers workbook by Makdisi. No idea how these work together, but these are his recommendation. I'm comparing Singer's property supplement with Understanding Property at the moment.

sethc

Bronze

Post by sethc » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:02 pm

Hmm.. Prop is one of those classes that seem like a wild card when it comes to supplements. I've never heard a consensus on 1-2 books. Are you in Prop1 or Prop2? To be up front, Prop1 for me used the Rabin textbook & Prop2 (currently in) uses the Dukeminier 7th ed.(sp?). That'll give you a better grasp on my tips.

If it's Prop1 then you DEFINITELY need the "Estates in Land & Future Interests" or better known as "the green book" around here (where I go). I finished Prop1 and that book essentially taught me FIs clearly, which I struggled bad to learn from class/text. If you consider buying it, let me know - I bought mine new & don't need it anymore. It's got some writing in it, though.

But, beyond that I've been having some great success with the Nutshell series in both Prop1&2. It's pretty condensed, small and handy, and explains stuff in a very 1L-friendly way, in my opinion. Plus $35 isn't that bad considering other supplement prices. I know a lot of people that swore by the E&E and still do, but I have only briefly looked at it and decided not to "switch gears" like that mid-semester.

Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”