Admin supplement Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Core

Silver

Admin supplement

Post by Core » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:15 pm

Anyone have a recommendation for an admin supp? Just began the class & am pretty lost.
Thanks.

megaTTTron

Silver

Re: Admin supplement

Post by megaTTTron » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:12 am

for the love of god, find/buy/steal "Law School Legends" the 4 hour audio mp3/file/CD/tape for Admin. It's phenomenal. I made my outline almost exclusively off that and 4.0'd. Yes, yes, I know each prof is diff. But seriously, best 4 hours you'll spend all semester (although I listened to it more than 10 times).

Paichka

Bronze

Re: Admin supplement

Post by Paichka » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:04 am

Lessee.

I have "Understanding Admin", and I really like it so far. My professor made two recommendations at the start of the year -- "Admin Law in a Nutshell", and the Administrative Law treatise written by Richard Pierce (he teaches here, and is something of an Admin god). I've never much cared for the Nutshell series, and I can read the Admin Law treatise in the library, so I picked up the Understanding book.

I think the best way to decide what supplement to get is to sit through a week of classes, then go to the library and look at the different supplements there -- based on what you've learned the first week, which of the supplements is clear, organized in a way YOU find helpful, and clarifies/expands on what you've learned so far? Or, if your professor wrote one, buy that.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”