employment prospects for wustl bottom 30%? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
quadsixm

Bronze

Re: employment prospects for wustl bottom 30%?

Post by quadsixm » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:57 pm

[]
Last edited by quadsixm on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

motedust

Bronze

Post by motedust » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:58 pm

Hahahah I love how all the WUSTLers come out when a thread comes out with WUSTL bottom 1/3. Shouldn't this be in employment also?

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:59 pm

I would think bottom 1/3rd anywhere would be, if not fucked, at least in a shitty position. obviously, would depend on school, region, career goals... but ah.. yeah.

quadsixm

Bronze

Post by quadsixm » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:01 am

The only good news is, only 30% of us can be in the bottom 30%.

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:03 am

quadsixm wrote:The only good news is, only 30% of us can be in the bottom 30%.
--ImageRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:07 am

Nicholasnickynic wrote:I would think bottom 1/3rd anywhere would be, if not fucked, at least in a shitty position. obviously, would depend on school, region, career goals... but ah.. yeah.
That's what I was thinking. Even with no debt, I'd think bottom 3rd is an awful place to be in terms of jobs. That's why if you have an excuse for a "re-boot" of 1L (in a much better situation without family trouble), I would take it. Also, OP, you are younger than me.

If $$$ isn't a problem it's even more of a reason to just deal with family, especially if the administration is being helpful.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:19 am

Total Litigator wrote:is the 1000 lb elephant in the room that bottom even top 1/3 from WUSTL is absolutely f**'d?

I go to WUSTL too btw, and I don't think I did too well on my exams...
You guys had fair warning.

Total Litigator

Silver

Post by Total Litigator » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:23 am

I'm a 2L transfer student actually. So we'll see where I stand after this term...

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:52 am

dudnaito wrote:
motedust wrote:
dudnaito wrote:
motedust wrote:Yo dudnaito, I'm not sure who you are but I'm a WUSTL 1L as well, just wanted to say good luck tomorrow. Seems like you've had a hard time this semester. Just remember that LRM midterm was literally 1/3 of 3.45% of your total GPA (which we won't receive this semester).
yeah, they're handing out our grades tomorrow. i wish i didn't read that email, i'll be spending the next 12 hours reviewing for torts and i didn't need to be reminded of my failure so much.

btw... what section are you? I hang out with some TLS guys, and i recognize your id.
Haha we might know each other IRL, I know almost all of the TLS posters. I'm in section E. I'm not even picking up my LRM grade tomorrow, first of all it's our raw score, second we won't know how that impacts our grade, third tomorrow night/afternoon is time to get fucked up, not discuss our LRM midterm.
holy shit.. we're in the same section. I'm the asian guy that never showed up for classes. lol

btw, noone has any idea on employment prospects?
It s not pretty......... Even bottom 1/3 at CCN or MVP is going to be terrible....
I don't think you want to know what bottom 1/3 is at wustl.
Just hope you aren't bottom 1/3.......... The good part is that there is a 2/3 chance that you wouldn't be in the bottom 1/3 :)

At oci this year, people in the top 1/3 seemed to get a decent amount of interviews. I think there was a good ratio of individuals employed from the top 1/3. Even during the boom, WUSTL was placing around 1/3 into biglaw/midlaw/prestigous clerkships..... So i figured that top 50% would have a chance back in 07. Now prob 25% get biglaw/midlaw/clerkship and you need top 1/3 to be competitive.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:56 am

Bottom 1/3rd anywhere is going to be in some trouble. The only school that I would attend even if I knew I was going to be in the bottom third is Yale, because just being able to say that you went there is pretty amazing.

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:07 am

dont worry man, i thought i had an advantage from reading tls and having a game plan etc, but i feel awful right now too. I think you'd be surprised how many people really dont feel confident at all coming out of those two exams. We're all in this together

Good luck tomorrow buddy, dont give up hope

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:14 am

Desert Fox wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:
Cool. I am excited to hear about your good grades =)
I didn't say law school is easy or that I'll do well. Just that work you do early in the semester is useless. I don't think I'm working harder than everyone else this last month.

The material is easy, and doesn't take months to learn. The application is the hard part.

But I can tell you that the super amazing brief someone was working on in October was useless.
DF is completely right. As long as you read, went to class, briefed all semester there is not reason to study for finals before you have all your info and you can start outlines the right way.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:35 am

The bottom third anywhere but the T6 is probably screwed right now.

Before ITE, WUSTL used to be above median gave you a chance, and top third gave you a really good chance.

Now it's more like top third gives you a chance, and Law Review gives you a really good chance. I know 2Ls on secondary journals that got biglaw interviews, but they got like 1 or 2 interviews each. Just outside the top third, and they had good work experience.

We're not screwed anymore than any other non T18 school. But that doesn't mean much.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:49 am

The thread title can be interpreted as: WUSTL students place in bottom 30% compared to all law schools in the nation.

:P got me for a sec

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”