Getting MURDERED.... Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
chicagolaw2013

Silver

Getting MURDERED....

Post by chicagolaw2013 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:57 am

...by my Contracts take home...due in 12 hours....kill me.

I'm a total dunce for this class.

Charles Barkley

Bronze

Re: Getting MURDERED....

Post by Charles Barkley » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:03 am

I feel for you. I'm getting raped on Monday in contracts. Got the lube ready.

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:09 am

I'd kill for a contract take home, I have most of the basics down, but I can't remember Restatement/UCC rule numbers for crap, and the professor expects them in full force.

They are in my outline, which we can use, but digging around in that thing is gonna suck big time in a timed test

Compaq1984

Bronze

Post by Compaq1984 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:39 am

Make a short summarized version of you outline with just headings and relevant UCC/R2D's... much easier than having to flip to each section of your outline.

evilxs

Bronze

Post by evilxs » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:34 pm

Make your outline a flow chart. So you literally go to each issue as it occurs. If you want help or a sample to see what I did I'd be happy to send you mine. I just blew my exam out of the water.
Last edited by evilxs on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

helfer snooterbagon

Bronze

Post by helfer snooterbagon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Compaq1984 wrote:Make your outline a flow chart. So you literally go to each issue as it occurs. f you want help or a sample to see what I did I'd be happy to send you mine. I just blew my exam out of the water.
Love the confidence!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:14 pm

chicagolaw2013 wrote:...by my Contracts take home...due in 12 hours....kill me.

I'm a total dunce for this class.
I feel you dude. I think Ks is going to have its way with me.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:16 pm

would you have rather gotten murdered by a 3.5 hour closed book K exam?

I feel like absolute crap. I worked so hard throughout the semester and did everything possible to prepare and she throws a ton of curveballs during the mc section, and then has a ridiculously hard essay question that was so convoluted that i did know wtf I should write about. Then, she has a tiny 10pt (the exam had a total of 130 points) question at the end about a contract in the bargain setting - which is what we spent 80% of the semester on.

totally defeated.....

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:20 pm

moandersen wrote:would you have rather gotten murdered by a 3.5 hour closed book K exam?

I feel like absolute crap. I worked so hard throughout the semester and did everything possible to prepare and she throws a ton of curveballs during the mc section, and then has a ridiculously hard essay question that was so convoluted that i did know wtf I should write about. Then, she has a tiny 10pt (the exam had a total of 130 points) question at the end about a contract in the bargain setting - which is what we spent 80% of the semester on.

totally defeated.....
Wow. Glad to see (again) that it isn't just me here. I just got destroyed by that Ks exam. Prof asked about the CISG as part of the essay question when he spoke about the CISG for a total of 5 minutes at the beginning of the semester in a single class period, and this stuff wasn't even part of what he talked about. Then, the MC questions were just plain horrible. Almost made me want to cry like a little baby (almost).

Even with different professors, it sure seems that they all get together just to see if they can destroy any confidence you might have had. Like you, I worked myself to death throughout the semester and studied like crazy and had no clue what to do for the essays. It's ridiculous. Thank God for the curve -- but I don't even know if that will help very much. Somebody has to be at the bottom of it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:13 pm

PirateCap'n wrote: Thank God for the curve -- but I don't even know if that will help very much. Somebody has to be at the bottom of it.
Last night I was hoping the curve wouldnt screw me over - now I'm praying for the curve to help me. Strange how things change in a day.

Now on to civ pro and memorizing ~12 pages verbatim so I can spit it all out for the final.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:24 pm

moandersen wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote: Thank God for the curve -- but I don't even know if that will help very much. Somebody has to be at the bottom of it.
Last night I was hoping the curve wouldnt screw me over - now I'm praying for the curve to help me. Strange how things change in a day.

Now on to civ pro and memorizing ~12 pages verbatim so I can spit it all out for the final.
Looking forward to it as well. I think the one I've got is somewhere around 35 pages.....I've completely put torts on the "back burner" to study for Civ. Pro. I'm hoping that torts is something I can learn in about a day and a half.

irish017

Bronze

Post by irish017 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:16 pm

evilxs wrote:Make your outline a flow chart. So you literally go to each issue as it occurs. If you want help or a sample to see what I did I'd be happy to send you mine. I just blew my exam out of the water.
I could use a good flow job. PM me.

Shazam!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:28 pm

evilxs wrote:Make your outline a flow chart. So you literally go to each issue as it occurs. If you want help or a sample to see what I did I'd be happy to send you mine. I just blew my exam out of the water.
How do you know? It's curved. Plus, almost every time someone brags they killed an exam, they get below-median or something awful... and my CivPro prof backed it up because he said that whenever he felt good about exams in law school, it meant he missed something. You're supposed to feel like crap afterward.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:30 pm

keg411 wrote:
How do you know? It's curved. Plus, almost every time someone brags they killed an exam, they get below-median or something awful... and my CivPro prof backed it up because he said that whenever he felt good about exams in law school, it meant he missed something. You're supposed to feel like crap afterward.
Sadly this is generally true. I came out of K's thinking I CALI'd it. That likely means I'll be fighting to be at median.

evilxs

Bronze

Post by evilxs » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:37 pm

keg411 wrote:
Feeling like crap and feeling like you did not hit everything are two different things entirely. I don't drink the TLS kool aid. I know everyone here feels like it is impossible to know how you did, but I did pretty good calling it this summer on my summer law classes. Almost no one in my class had memorized any of the UCC, or even included it in their outlines; and then we got slapped with an exam heavy with it and I walked out whistling Dixie. I knew it, I had it, and I nailed it. Common law contracts was 80% of our class time and a heck of a lot less of our exam. :twisted:

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:45 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:I feel for you. I'm getting raped on Monday in contracts. Got the lube ready.
:? Joke with poor taste has poor taste.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”