What is your worst law school finals experience? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
thexfactor

Silver

What is your worst law school finals experience?

Post by thexfactor » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:55 pm

Il start:
In my 1L Civ pro exam, my macbook would not load my exam information. The exam started and then the IT lady took my laptop and gave me a sheet to write and told me not to panic. I reread the first question 5 times before anything sunk in. 40 mins later, the IT lady gave me my laptop back. It was only a 3 hr exam.

It actually turned out really well. I got a really good grade on that exam.

evilxs

Bronze

Re: What is your worst law school finals experience?

Post by evilxs » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:26 pm

At my university they put the book bags against the wall up front. Nothing goes to the table with you.

Someone's cell phone went off over and over again. And no one did anything about it. Talk about ear plugs time. :roll:

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:40 am

my first semester of law school exams popped off without a hitch. However I was prepared, with a spare laptop with examsoft pre-loaded

Silver

Post by 12262010 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:11 am

LAWYER2 wrote:my first semester of law school exams popped off without a hitch. However I was prepared, with a spare laptop with examsoft pre-loaded
I believe you're doing it wrong.

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:24 am

booyakasha wrote:
LAWYER2 wrote:my first semester of law school exams popped off without a hitch. However I was prepared, with a spare laptop with examsoft pre-loaded
I believe you're doing it wrong.
Agreed. I would never go into an exam without AT LEAST TWO SPARE Examsoft pre-loaded laptops.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:00 am

Pretty sure you are lying. Examsoft does not allow you to download exam files on more than one computer. I know, because I downloaded my exam files on Mac OS X with the new Mac Examsoft, but struggled to get it to work at first. I figured I'd play it safe and just go back to using my Windows partition. I tried to download the exam files a 2nd time in Windows, and the system would not let me.

They released an update for the Mac Examsoft, and it got rid of the bugs.

Black-Blue

Bronze

Post by Black-Blue » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:03 am

I think that's a setting the school can control. At my school, you are allowed to download the exam files multiple times.

I was considering bringing a backup laptop, but nah, that's just letting paranoia get into you.

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:13 am

General Tso wrote:
Pretty sure you are lying. Examsoft does not allow you to download exam files on more than one computer. I know, because I downloaded my exam files on Mac OS X with the new Mac Examsoft, but struggled to get it to work at first. I figured I'd play it safe and just go back to using my Windows partition. I tried to download the exam files a 2nd time in Windows, and the system would not let me.

True. But I just copied the exam files over to my second notebook and the examsoft on the notebook accepted them no problemo.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:46 am

zeth006 wrote:
General Tso wrote:

True. But I just copied the exam files over to my second notebook and the examsoft on the notebook accepted them no problemo.
lol...you are going in with 2 laptops too???

zeth....tell me about your exams so far

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:24 am

General Tso wrote:
zeth006 wrote:
General Tso wrote:

lol...you are going in with 2 laptops too???

zeth....tell me about your exams so far
Yep. 2. I've had a lot of bad luck this semester. Imagine my frustration when I found that both my laptops broke down within weeks of each other. They're both fixed, but I'm not taking any chances.

mnolen

Bronze

Post by mnolen » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:53 am

My Con Law final was so hard that I had to go in the bathroom and cry for 2 minutes.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:03 am

mnolen wrote:My Con Law final was so hard that I had to go in the bathroom and cry for 2 minutes.
Massey?

Our section got lucky with Little...he is pretty easy.

mnolen

Bronze

Post by mnolen » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:12 am

General Tso wrote:
mnolen wrote:My Con Law final was so hard that I had to go in the bathroom and cry for 2 minutes.
Massey?

Faigman. He based his ENTIRE exam on his "MIA minutes" which were like recaps of his opinions on things. My friend who just had a baby got an A+ because all he had time to study were those handouts. the exam was just... I mean... idk. It didn't click for me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:18 am

mnolen wrote:
General Tso wrote:
Massey?

Faigman. He based his ENTIRE exam on his "MIA minutes" which were like recaps of his opinions on things. My friend who just had a baby got an A+ because all he had time to study were those handouts. the exam was just... I mean... idk. It didn't click for me.
I know what you mean. Leshy for Property was the same way with the handouts. Little's CrimPro multiple choice questions this semester were pretty arbitrary. There were several "opinion" questions like "Which of these two Supreme Court cases of the last 10 years will be most revolutionary?"

mnolen

Bronze

Post by mnolen » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:20 am

General Tso wrote:
mnolen wrote:
General Tso wrote:
Massey?

I know what you mean. Leshy for Property was the same way with the handouts. Little's CrimPro multiple choice questions this semester were pretty arbitrary. There were several "opinion" questions like "Which of these two Supreme Court cases of the last 10 years will be most revolutionary?"
Yup, it was basically like that. Horrific. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't fail. :)

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:30 am

General Tso wrote:
Massey?

I got Massey next semester. Should I be worried?

My torts final felt like a disaster. Not so much a tight issue spotter as one long adventure through a ridiculous fact pattern, which invited all manner of speculation as to what the issues were.

I talked to 5 people, and we all discussed different issues.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:36 am

The exam software crashed twice on me as the proctor said "Start". I was freaking out because I really did not want to pick up a bluebook and handwrite the exam. It finally worked the third time. I opened the exam to discover that it was 1 question, 3 hours, on an issue we spoke maybe 1 class period on. Basically I could have played Xbox the entire weekend and have been just as ready for this exam. I guess we'll see when the grade comes, but I finished with 2 minutes left and I type a LOT faster than I write so there would have no way for me to finish had I had to have handwrite it. Rolling the dice with this stupid computer again next Thursday I guess.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Connelly

Bronze

Post by Connelly » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:26 pm

thexfactor wrote: In my 1L Civ pro exam, my macbook would not load my exam information.
I thought Macs just worked?

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:30 pm

After taking my crim exam last Thursday, I got a voicemail from the Records Office letting me know my exam never uploaded...

I had just finished burning my outline and I thought I did pretty well on the exam so I saw no possible way the situation wouldn't suck.

But I went to the library and uploaded it, everything turned out fine.

Not so bad really....
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whitneymillwind

New

Post by whitneymillwind » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:42 pm

Yesterday. The Property I exam. I should have studied the Rule Against Perpetuities way, way.... way harder than I did. There is nothing like knowing you are writing a failed exam.

OGR3

Silver

Post by OGR3 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:44 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:The exam software crashed twice on me as the proctor said "Start". I was freaking out because I really did not want to pick up a bluebook and handwrite the exam. It finally worked the third time.
This happened to someone in my section too, he had to run upstairs to the library to get someone to work on the computer because instead of sitting in the lobby waiting for the inevitable wave panicked 1L freaking out about examsoft, they were up in their office drinking coffee and shooting the breeze...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:03 pm

General Tso wrote:

Next time you get "pretty sure" someone else is lying based on your own personal experiences, remember this moment will you :lol:

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:31 pm

General Tso wrote:
Massey?

Score!

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Connelly wrote:
thexfactor wrote: In my 1L Civ pro exam, my macbook would not load my exam information.
I thought Macs just worked?
Macs in general seem to require 1-2 extra steps for Examsoft. It's not the fault of OSX as much as it's an issue of Examsoft originally being written for the predominant OS--Windows.

But I can see this changing as Macs make up a much larger share of law school notebooks.

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:07 pm

OGR3 wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:The exam software crashed twice on me as the proctor said "Start". I was freaking out because I really did not want to pick up a bluebook and handwrite the exam. It finally worked the third time.
This happened to someone in my section too, he had to run upstairs to the library to get someone to work on the computer because instead of sitting in the lobby waiting for the inevitable wave panicked 1L freaking out about examsoft, they were up in their office drinking coffee and shooting the breeze...
Something like that happened to a guy in my section during the Torts exam yesterday. Exam software crashed and he ran up to the IT office to get them to help him, only to have them tell him to go back downstairs and get his computer and run back up to the IT office.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”