hooking up with someone in your 1L section Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

1L hookup?

yes
52%
bad idea
48%

Total votes: 163

savagedm

Bronze

Re: hooking up with someone in your 1L section

Post by savagedm » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:23 pm

GeePee wrote:
JazzOne wrote: lol

I think you're confusing a necessary condition for a sufficient one.
Depends how desperate you are.
QFLSATNerd

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:27 pm

savagedm wrote:
GeePee wrote:
JazzOne wrote: lol

I think you're confusing a necessary condition for a sufficient one.
Depends how desperate you are.
QFLSATNerd
lol

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:43 pm

When you stick a group of people together for a significant period of the day for an extended amount of time, hook-ups are almost inevitable. Whatever. The best thing for you to do, if that is the way you are going to go, is to have enough discretion to not hook-up with your section's gossip or the gossip's best friend. Hook-ups can be awkward enough without everyone knowing about it.

dood

Gold

Post by dood » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:02 pm

Last edited by dood on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:26 pm

dood wrote:
raisingthebar wrote:seems like a bad idea, especially since i don't see it going anywhere (although who knows).

she's Nice, though.
stupid 1L.

good idea or GREAT IDEA should be the options.
TITCR

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

savagedm

Bronze

Post by savagedm » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:54 pm

rad law wrote:
dood wrote:
raisingthebar wrote:seems like a bad idea, especially since i don't see it going anywhere (although who knows).

she's Nice, though.
stupid 1L.

good idea or GREAT IDEA should be the options.
TITCR
Agreed.

rowlf

Bronze

Post by rowlf » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:09 pm

I think that regardless of your gender, you probably should go for it if you want to. It might lead to something. And if not, it'll be fun.

I would say that you should pick your target well, though, because I think the harm accrues not when you hook up with or date one person, but if you do so with two or more. This is especially true for girls, but I don't think being the section Lothario would do a guy who wants to be taken seriously many favors, either.

rowlf

Bronze

Post by rowlf » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:10 pm

BriaTharen wrote:When you stick a group of people together for a significant period of the day for an extended amount of time, hook-ups are almost inevitable. Whatever. The best thing for you to do, if that is the way you are going to go, is to have enough discretion to not hook-up with your section's gossip or the gossip's best friend. Hook-ups can be awkward enough without everyone knowing about it.
This is also credited.

savagedm

Bronze

Post by savagedm » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:11 pm

rowlf wrote:I think that regardless of your gender, you probably should go for it if you want to. It might lead to something. And if not, it'll be fun.

I would say that you should pick your target well, though, because I think the harm accrues not when you hook up with or date one person, but if you do so with two or more. This is especially true for girls, but I don't think being the section Lothario would do a guy who wants to be taken seriously many favors, either.
having a rowlf avatar makes that advice so much better.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:28 pm

rowlf wrote:I think that regardless of your gender, you probably should go for it if you want to. It might lead to something. And if not, it'll be fun.

Agreed. I don't want to be our section's man-whore, so I'm staying on the sidelines.

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:30 pm

Thirteen wrote:

Agreed. I don't want to be our section's man-whore, so I'm staying on the sidelines.
Low aspirations? That's not going to get you anywhere in life. Not to mention that someone told me you're a good looking dude, and you're a Niners fan...you should have your pick of the litter.

emorystud2010

Bronze

Post by emorystud2010 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:05 pm

Last edited by emorystud2010 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:10 pm

emorystud2010 wrote:I wouldn't recommend it during the first semester. Ppl are still getting to know eachother and (if ur dumb like me and only made out) and hook up with someone and get drunk and talk about it, those initial impressions are hard to overcome. It is possible, thank god, but it really sets u back. I feel like second semester would be a better time to do so bc everybody is already pretty set with their friends and nobody really cares as much anymore. Just my 2 cents.
I think your dumb moment was talking about it or not going all the way...not the fact that you tried

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

emorystud2010

Bronze

Post by emorystud2010 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Last edited by emorystud2010 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:19 am

Did this with a chick in another section. Too busy so I had to break it off. She thinks I'm an asshole, but people have thought worse of me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”