I goofed off in undergrad. Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
hkgjohn

New

I goofed off in undergrad.

Post by hkgjohn » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:38 pm

Now graduated and 30 y/o but I regret not studying harder or taking school more seriously. Really, my thought process was I'll get a degree for my folks, who wanted to see me graduate worse than I did but never really pushed me. My GPA was horrendous about 2.4. I'd like to think I'm a lot wiser now and have been considering a life's change. I had a successful business after school but that ran it's course and I want to go back. I've always been the type to want to help people out of trouble. I'm talking about defense, constitutional and consumer rights law. I have no inclination to make money. I really get my kicks helping people!

All this said, how can I make up for my prior indiscretions as a young undergrad? Should I go back to school and work on another bachelors (maybe poly sci.) to prove I'm worthy of a good law school or should I study for the LSAT and pray I do well and that some school out there will take me? I do want a good education, not half-assed. So I would like to prove my worth somehow to a good school.

Any ideas out there?

Adjudicator

Silver

Re: I goofed off in undergrad.

Post by Adjudicator » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:42 pm

Ace the LSAT and write a good addendum expanding upon the things you just said here.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Re: I goofed off in undergrad.

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:46 pm

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”