Law School Nightmares (Literally)! Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
abudaba

New

Law School Nightmares (Literally)!

Post by abudaba » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:23 am

So, in the past I've rarely had dreams and/or nightmares, but since school started I've been having law school related dreams all the time.

Most recently I woke up in a cold sweat, went to the bathroom (not in my bed - it wasnt that bad), and realized after laying down to go back to sleep that I had been half awake/asleep in an intense inner dialogue about mens rea.

Frankly I cant say I'm surprised since school takes up so much time now. Wondering if anyone else has taken the law with them into dreamland?

MrKappus

Gold

Re: Law School Nightmares (Literally)!

Post by MrKappus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:44 am

abudaba wrote:So, in the past I've rarely had dreams and/or nightmares, but since school started I've been having law school related dreams all the time.

Most recently I woke up in a cold sweat, went to the bathroom (not in my bed - it wasnt that bad), and realized after laying down to go back to sleep that I had been half awake/asleep in an intense inner dialogue about mens rea.

Frankly I cant say I'm surprised since school takes up so much time now. Wondering if anyone else has taken the law with them into dreamland?
I have law school dreams on occasion, but they don't involve sweating, sleepwalking, or "inner dialogue." You might want to see a doctor.

mikecw23

New

Post by mikecw23 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:01 am

In UG I once had a really big ethics test that i had been studying for the entire week. After the test, i went out got really drunk and came home and went to bed (or so i thought). When i woke up, my girlfriend told me how when i was asleep i was giving her a lecture on utilitarianism and moral relativism for about 2 hours...icant imagine the shit ill say after my first law school exams.

abudaba

New

Post by abudaba » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:37 am

MrKappus wrote: I have law school dreams on occasion, but they don't involve sweating, sleepwalking, or "inner dialogue." You might want to see a doctor.
just got back from the doctor.

he said if I'm having trouble explaining Mens Rea backward and forward in my sleep I should just drop out of LS.

Thanks for the advice :roll:

hijodehombre

Bronze

Post by hijodehombre » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:00 am

mikecw23 wrote:In UG I once had a really big ethics test that i had been studying for the entire week. After the test, i went out got really drunk and came home and went to bed (or so i thought). When i woke up, my girlfriend told me how when i was asleep i was giving her a lecture on utilitarianism and moral relativism for about 2 hours...icant imagine the shit ill say after my first law school exams.
:lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:19 am

abudaba wrote:
MrKappus wrote: I have law school dreams on occasion, but they don't involve sweating, sleepwalking, or "inner dialogue." You might want to see a doctor.
just got back from the doctor.

he said if I'm having trouble explaining Mens Rea backward and forward in my sleep I should just drop out of LS.

Thanks for the advice :roll:
I mean it sounds like you don't sleep correctly. Sweating, walking around, and talking is not normal. Freak.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:21 am

--ImageRemoved--

abudaba

New

Post by abudaba » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:01 am

:lol:

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:35 pm

abudaba wrote:So, in the past I've rarely had dreams and/or nightmares, but since school started I've been having law school related dreams all the time.

The Redbook suggests your title is misleading because the nightmare was more figurative than literal.

/journal douche

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”