Differences in Crunchtime Contracts editions? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ericng314

New

Differences in Crunchtime Contracts editions?

Post by ericng314 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:12 pm

Hey guys,

Are there any differences between the Crunchtime Contracts 1st edition or the 2nd edition (Which was released this year)?

Also, which one would you guys rather recommend for Contracts other than E & E, Chirelstein and Understanding Contracts (I already have those)

kalvano

Diamond

Re: Differences in Crunchtime Contracts editions?

Post by kalvano » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:44 pm

If you need more supplements than you already have, perhaps you should reconsider law school.

BruceWayne

Gold

Post by BruceWayne » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:47 pm

kalvano wrote:If you need more supplements than you already have, perhaps you should reconsider law school.
This site is loaded with jackasses; it's just unreal.

To the OP, I've had people recommend the contracts hornbook from Calamari and Perillo.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:50 pm

ericng314 wrote:Hey guys,

Are there any differences between the Crunchtime Contracts 1st edition or the 2nd edition (Which was released this year)?

Also, which one would you guys rather recommend for Contracts other than E & E, Chirelstein and Understanding Contracts (I already have those)
Dude, seriously, you don't need a million supplements. lol

Oban

Silver

Post by Oban » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:25 pm

BruceWayne wrote:
kalvano wrote:If you need more supplements than you already have, perhaps you should reconsider law school.
This site is loaded with jackasses; it's just unreal.

To the OP, I've had people recommend the contracts hornbook from Calamari and Perillo.
No he's right, those suppliments he has are enough. No need to get ten books that have same material in different words.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vamedic03

Gold

Post by vamedic03 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Yes, this site is full of jackasses, but, you only need, at most, 1 hornbook per class. Look, its important to have balance, especially early in the semester. Plus, its important to supplement your course materials and not replace your course materials. In the end, you'll be tested on the material that your professor chose to cover, not what you learned in a hornbook.

Chirelstein or Understanding Contracts should be adequate. Though, FWIW, I've heard that crunchtime has good diagrams. Personally, I had both Chirelstein and Understanding, but only really used Chirelstein.

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:12 am

The supposed "jackass" could've just pruned the truth from his post.

Normally, just one supplement is needed. I've had 2Ls and 3Ls recommend getting a BLL supplement to help create an outline, though I didn't bother to ask them what to do if I were to get past students' outlines.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”