I don't know about the rest of you new 1Ls, but Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
stratocophic

Gold

I don't know about the rest of you new 1Ls, but

Post by stratocophic » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:53 pm

I'm in it for the freedom. Too bad I don't go to Rutgers, because their philosophy seems to be
--ImageRemoved--

http://abovethelaw.com/2010/08/quote-of ... r-freedom/

Gold

Re: I don't know about the rest of you new 1Ls, but

Post by 270910 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Going to law school has freed me to measure my self worth by the subjective valuations of my peers, professors, legal employers, and judges. Being able to completely give up any internal conception of worth has really opened my eyes to the world as it gazes back in icy judgment.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:02 pm

disco_barred wrote:Going to law school has freed me to measure my self worth by the subjective valuations of my peers, professors, legal employers, and judges. Being able to completely give up any internal conception of worth has really opened my eyes to the world as it gazes back in icy judgment.
If only the rest of the world were so lucky.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:57 am

disco_barred wrote:Going to law school has freed me to measure my self worth by the subjective valuations of my peers, professors, legal employers, and judges. Being able to completely give up any internal conception of worth has really opened my eyes to the world as it gazes back in icy judgment.
This is the greatest gift of them all. Although it's hard to explain arrogant lawyers.

savagedm

Bronze

Post by savagedm » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:27 pm

TTH wrote:
This is the greatest gift of them all. Although it's hard to explain arrogant lawyers.
While disco's post at first glance seems sarcastic and asshole-ish to the OP, he makes a great point. There are too many people (myself included at times) who truly believe that they are worth more than everyone else around them. In all truth, the only way you can be "worth something" to society is if you pose value to others for your skills and abilities. The rest is all ego.

Borhas

Platinum

www.top-law-schools.com

Post by Borhas » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:45 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”