2L and 3L gunners Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
truthypants

Bronze

2L and 3L gunners

Post by truthypants » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:23 pm

I thought the gunners were supposed to chill out after 1L. This does not appear to be the case at my school. The same gunners from 1L have their hands perpetually up during 2L classes as well. Guess if you're a gunner, you're a gunner for life.

traehekat

Gold

Re: 2L and 3L gunners

Post by traehekat » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:26 pm

it's an incurable disease.

unfortunately, it's not terminal.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:27 pm

Kids in my evidence class (if you're reading this, you know who you are) need to shut the hell up. We've gotten through like 20 pages of material all week.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Aw man! Didn't they fail out?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:29 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:35 pm

LLMs seem to hijack most classroom discussions so far. And take them very very very far off course.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:38 pm

IzziesGal wrote:LLMs seem to hijack most classroom discussions so far. And take them very very very far off course.
As a 1L I've noticed this as well...

servinDizzert

New

Post by servinDizzert » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:43 pm

At first I thought they were gunners but now I think they are just slow....they ask some of the most retarded questions.

I would like to consider myself a Sniper. Its as if they just bought a brand new BMW and trying to show it off when I have a Ferrari parked in my driveway (or in my garage bc I'm a sniper??).
Last edited by servinDizzert on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skoobily doobily

Bronze

Post by skoobily doobily » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:45 pm

servinDizzert wrote:At first I thought they were gunners but now I think they are just slow....they ask some of the most retarded questions.

I would like to consider myself a Sniper. Its as if they just bought a brand new BMW and trying to show it off when I have a Ferrari parked in my driveway.
It seems sniping is the preferred method. Let no one know you have you have your scope on them until it's too late

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:48 pm

servinDizzert wrote:At first I thought they were gunners but now I think they are just slow....they ask some of the most retarded questions.

I would like to consider myself a Sniper. Its as if they just bought a brand new BMW and trying to show it off when I have a Ferrari parked in my driveway (or in my garage bc I'm a sniper??).
I'm in the law school navy. I am unarmed so I just keep my mouth shut and try to stay afloat.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:52 pm

I'm in the Air Force. I rely on the work and skill of other people to make myself look good.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:57 pm

I'm in the Coast Guard.

... I don't really have an analogy for that, I just didn't want to feel left out.

BobSacamano

Bronze

Post by BobSacamano » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:59 am

SSS but the two students who are dominating the class discussions in two of my classes are both transfers. One of them won't let a question go by without getting a hand up. I wonder if they feel like they have to prove something.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ViIIager

Bronze

Post by ViIIager » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:41 am

I propose a gunner competition. Take notes on your favorite gunner and submit them on a thread somewhere for voting. Does a month from now sound like a reasonable time period to gin up enough memorable quotes and questionable commentary to provide a real competition?

skoobily doobily

Bronze

Post by skoobily doobily » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:14 am

ViIIager wrote:I propose a gunner competition. Take notes on your favorite gunner and submit them on a thread somewhere for voting. Does a month from now sound like a reasonable time period to gin up enough memorable quotes and questionable commentary to provide a real competition?
Some things are funny until you take them too seriously

skoobily doobily

Bronze

Post by skoobily doobily » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:16 am

kalvano wrote:Image
Also, this is my background now. I'm definitely going to leave my computer blank for as much of the class as I can, so that they may understand.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:22 am

Haven't been any straight-up gunners in my section so far. There's a big mix of people raising their hands, but not so much to pose hypos or ask off-point questions. There was a guy who tried to gun the first day, but he got embarrassed and hasn't said much since.

I've got an LLM in K's that always volunteers to answer questions and gets it wrong. When asked if there was consideration in Kirksey, she said there was because he considered whether or not to invite his sister-in-law or something like that. I don't remember the specifics, but she used consideration in the colloquial sense and the prof ripped her for it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:09 am

ViIIager wrote:I propose a gunner competition. Take notes on your favorite gunner and submit them on a thread somewhere for voting. Does a month from now sound like a reasonable time period to gin up enough memorable quotes and questionable commentary to provide a real competition?
Outed as a gunner.

johnnyutah

Gold

Post by johnnyutah » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:20 am

There was a legendary gunner at my school (graduated last May) who objected from the audience during a classmate's Trial Ad final.

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:38 am

This girl in my income tax class has already challenged two of the professor's statements of law. It's going to be a long semester.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:02 pm

johnnyutah wrote:There was a legendary gunner at my school (graduated last May) who objected from the audience during a classmate's Trial Ad final.
lol

thats hilarious

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Duralex

Bronze

Post by Duralex » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:47 am

johnnyutah wrote:There was a legendary gunner at my school (graduated last May) who objected from the audience during a classmate's Trial Ad final.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:46 am

My favorite thus far:

One girl first began her gunning/annoyingness during orientation about counseling, where she proceeded to ask about 20 questions about gay lesbian counseling. Apparently she's married to a dude. Then, during crim law when asked what the sentence for a rapist should be she goes "I think most of us in this room have been raped, and it's a horrible, horrible crime... so I think he should get life!"

Intense over share of information.

Ersatz Haderach

Bronze

Post by Ersatz Haderach » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:39 am

snowpeach06 wrote:
My favorite thus far:

One girl first began her gunning/annoyingness during orientation about counseling, where she proceeded to ask about 20 questions about gay lesbian counseling. Apparently she's married to a dude. Then, during crim law when asked what the sentence for a rapist should be she goes "I think most of us in this room have been raped, and it's a horrible, horrible crime... so I think he should get life!"

Intense over share of information.
Ah yes. I was once in class with someone like this. Actually she probably means well, but what's happening is a sort of inverted martyr complex. She wants to help people, probably help everyone, but she needs to be recognized for doing it. It's a compulsion and don't bother expecting it to get better - the thought process is an endless "Oh, he didn't mention this, he must have forgotten, I'd better...Oh, what about this, this could be important to someone, I'd better..."

but I sympathize. my class was a college class and I could just roll my eyes or not go, but I'd be pissed to have my multi-thousand dollar mandatory class hijacked by anyone, for any reason, no matter how benign

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”