Best Supplement for.... Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Best Supplement for....

Post by lawschoolgiant » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Cases and Materials on Torts, by Epstein. My Prof has made it clear that he is very very loyal to the opinions in the text, and to the author's view on the law. What would be the best way to supplement and organize the concepts in the text?

Thanks.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Re: Best Supplement for....

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:34 pm

Gold star to OP for this completely novel thread.

I'm feeling helpful and annoyed at myself for feeling helpful. Here's how I pick supplements: First, use any supplement written by the professor. Second, use any supplement written by the casebook author. Last use any supplement you like; I default to the concepts and insights series. YMMV

lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgiant » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:46 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:Gold star to OP for this completely novel thread.

I'm feeling helpful and annoyed at myself for feeling helpful. Here's how I pick supplements: First, use any supplement written by the professor. Second, use any supplement written by the casebook author. Last use any supplement you like; I default to the concepts and insights series. YMMV

Thanks unfortunately I cannot find a supplement from the author or professor. Additionally, he will not recommend one. I purchased E&E for Torts before I even started, because I thought it would be good....still undecided.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:51 pm

--LinkRemoved--

This site shows you all related books and materials for any given textbook

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:55 pm

lawschoolgiant wrote:

Thanks unfortunately I cannot find a supplement from the author or professor. Additionally, he will not recommend one. I purchased E&E for Torts before I even started, because I thought it would be good....still undecided.
There's a Gilbert by Epstein. Don't try to pass off laziness for diligence.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgiant » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:02 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:
lawschoolgiant wrote:

this i could not find, and trust me that is not the point of my asking...I just really need to understand how to organize all this info, and want to fill in any gaps that I miss.

lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgiant » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:03 pm

dakatz wrote:http://www.lawbooksforless.com/lawbooks ... s_id/92475

This site shows you all related books and materials for any given textbook

thank you....not looking for briefs as much as analysis and outlining.

Welp2277

New

Post by Welp2277 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:41 pm

lawschoolgiant wrote:Cases and Materials on Torts, by Epstein. My Prof has made it clear that he is very very loyal to the opinions in the text, and to the author's view on the law. What would be the best way to supplement and organize the concepts in the text?

Thanks.
I will say this: you are very lucky because that casebook is extremely well done. The notes are great in between the cases and it is organized quite well. I used the Torts E&E (lacking in some areas), the Sum and Substance CDs, and CALI lessons. I found all three extremely helpful.

username1

New

Post by username1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:14 pm

A suggestion, check this out of the library and take it to Prof and see if they recommend it as a supplement. It is such a good
read that you may consider following it as you go through the casebook. I personally like the entire understanding series but YMMV.

http://www.lexisnexis.com/store/catalog ... odId=13132

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:57 am

lawschoolgiant wrote:
mikeytwoshoes wrote:
lawschoolgiant wrote:

this i could not find, and trust me that is not the point of my asking...I just really need to understand how to organize all this info, and want to fill in any gaps that I miss.
http://www.amazon.com/Legalines-Torts-9 ... 47&sr=8-12

Couldn't find any Gilbert that is actually authored by Epstein, but I'm guessing this is what mikeytwoshoes was referring to. Legalines seem kind of dumb to me, however.

username1

New

Post by username1 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:56 am

Also keyed brief books but sometimes they include an "analysis" section with some additional
gap type information you may be looking for. However, from your post it seems like you may be
better served with treatise type information which, again, the understanding book does a real good job.

If you compare the understanding torts to the torts e/e you may well see, as I did, that the e/e is really sparse
on topics you may cover in class.

http://www.amazon.com/Court-Summaries-T ... =8-1-fkmr0

and
http://www.aspenpublishers.com/Product. ... ductType=D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”