Which law school course is most representative/useful Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
DMXdawg

New

Which law school course is most representative/useful

Post by DMXdawg » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:47 pm

This is a weird question, but I want to know which individual (or two) law classes are most representative of law school. I get the feeling that torts and contracts are different animals from the other major classes, but I am not sure. Someone mentioned that legal writing is the most useful in terms of helping out with exam writing, but I doubt this point because I feel like legal writing and exam writing are completely different. Could someone please advise/help me on this question?

Duralex

Bronze

Re: Which law school course is most representative/useful

Post by Duralex » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:20 am

Question is nonsensical, really. But maybe remedies. In terms of connecting law to policy through application in practice. I've been told to take it by a few different people, who all make the point that it "ties everything together" or similar.

This post @ Volokh might the sort of info you're looking for:

--LinkRemoved--
Last edited by Duralex on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:24 am

As a summer associate, I found myself referring to my Civil Procedure and Business Associations outlines most frequently as they closely pertained to a number of issues that I found myself working on.

BeautifulSW

Silver

Post by BeautifulSW » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:10 am

Definitely remedies. Best, most useful single course I took in three years, followed by evidence and legal ethics.

I really didn't waste much time in law school. I took largely Bar courses plus some tax and frankly, I think the school did a pretty good job preparing me for my first law job.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”