UNLV Students - Anyone have Leticia Saucedo for Immig.? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
yikes!

New

UNLV Students - Anyone have Leticia Saucedo for Immig.?

Post by yikes! » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Last edited by yikes! on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Re: UNLV Students - Anyone have Leticia Saucedo for Immig.?

Post by SwollenMonkey » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:23 am

yikes! wrote:If so, is she good?
Hard to day if she's good without asking them out on a date and getting to at least first base.

Zing!

yikes!

New

Post by yikes! » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:25 pm

very true...

TrampsLikeU$

New

Post by TrampsLikeU$ » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:04 pm

She was a visiting professor at Duke last year for Torts. She was the single worst professor I've ever had.

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:05 pm

TrampsLikeU$ wrote:She was a visiting professor at Duke last year for Torts. She was the single worst professor I've ever had.

Worst in what way?

FYI,

Hispanic professors, particularly female Hispanic professors make you work your ass. Make sure you show the same enthusiasm for the material that the professor shows or else!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ObviouslyMasochistic

New

Post by ObviouslyMasochistic » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:59 pm

I also had her when she visited Duke and taught Torts. I completely agree with the above post; the single worst professor I've ever had. And that's saying a lot since I was an engineering major in undergrad.

Why is she so bad? Let me count the ways...
She has no grasp on the subject matter. I honestly felt like she hadn't read the cases and generally didn't care about teaching our class.

She has negative grasp on anything outside the subject matter at hand. She tried to pontificate once on free markets and the courts and made a complete idiot out of herself.

She absolutely fails at engaging the class, at least in any sort of intelligent way. She tries too hard to force class participation and ends up calling on the first hand she sees. Unfortunately, in my class, the first hand was usually someone who had already spoken 8 times that class and hadn't formed a single intelligible response in any of their previous efforts.

And, most importantly, her exam grading was an absolute clusterfuck. The vast majority of people I knew who had 3.7-3.9 GPAs landed below median in her class. I really don't understand the racial comment, and I have no idea how to respond to it. As far as I could tell, there was zero correlation between hard work and high grades in her class.

In conclusion, she fails as a professor. Avoid like HIV.

HowdyYall

Bronze

Post by HowdyYall » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:45 am

haha holy crap, leti is my aunt

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:23 am

ObviouslyMasochistic wrote:I also had her when she visited Duke and taught Torts. I completely agree with the above post; the single worst professor I've ever had. And that's saying a lot since I was an engineering major in undergrad.

Why is she so bad? Let me count the ways...
She has no grasp on the subject matter. I honestly felt like she hadn't read the cases and generally didn't care about teaching our class.

She has negative grasp on anything outside the subject matter at hand. She tried to pontificate once on free markets and the courts and made a complete idiot out of herself.

She absolutely fails at engaging the class, at least in any sort of intelligent way. She tries too hard to force class participation and ends up calling on the first hand she sees. Unfortunately, in my class, the first hand was usually someone who had already spoken 8 times that class and hadn't formed a single intelligible response in any of their previous efforts.

And, most importantly, her exam grading was an absolute clusterfuck. The vast majority of people I knew who had 3.7-3.9 GPAs landed below median in her class. I really don't understand the racial comment, and I have no idea how to respond to it. As far as I could tell, there was zero correlation between hard work and high grades in her class.

In conclusion, she fails as a professor. Avoid like HIV.
yep. i felt bad for her because she clearly is an immigration law expert and hates torts - she just got the short straw i guess. still. rough class.

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:33 am

Although I don't know who this specific professor is, just because someone sucks at teaching one subject doesn't mean they're not good at another one. Some people have a niche but the school forces them to teach stuff they really don't know that well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”