1L Exam Questions and Links Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
idk

New

Re: 1L Exam Questions and Links

Post by idk » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:26 am

You all are awesome. Thanks so much for sharing.

mellyy85

New

Post by mellyy85 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:40 am

U Baly Student

Couple things, appreciate the help.

1. I can't seem to find any of the previous Fed. Civil Procedure Finals from Professor Shapiro. I assuming that he hasn't made them public, and therefore all the exams are about the same. If they are public can someone please link me up?

2. If there are no exams from Shapiro, how about any other University of Baltimore Civ Pro exams?

3. I was searching around the internet for "most common issues in civ pro essays" and to that extent. Does anyone know of a website that lists which rules are usually in essays, thus creating the issues? I mean there has to be something on this. It seems like the easiest website to make.

4. Applying to #3 are there websites like that for contracts and torts?

Thanks all,

Good Luck with Finals and remember to pop after

uvabro

Bronze

Post by uvabro » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:42 am

pepperdine's exams are a joke. i wish our school had exams with model answers. when u don't study a lot and hit the model answer in deeper analysis, u know u just took a tttt exam.

dannynoonan87

Bronze

Post by dannynoonan87 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:08 pm

chiguy99

New

Post by chiguy99 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Hey, anyone have a copy or summary of the Acing K's checklist. I have a checklist of a fellow TLS'er and one I created myself, but have read some good things about the one at the end of that book. Just wanted to see what Im missing and/or should substitute. Thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nys

New

Post by nys » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:03 pm

if anybody has that, I would greatly appreciate it as well.

LegalThree

New

Post by LegalThree » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Great job everyone! Looking forward to next semester. I've got a great collection of outlines, here are just a few:
SPAM

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:40 am

If anyone has access to University of Colorado -Boulder's exam bank, could you please help me out?

Im looking for Crim law exams from Professor Kevin Reitz. He taught there from 1988-2005.

PLEASE HALP

EDIT: THANK YOU! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

venier1988

New

Post by venier1988 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Could anyone that has access to the Yale Law School exams help me out?

I'm looking for Dan Kahan's criminal law exams.

I would be super appreciative if anyone could help me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dolphine

Bronze

Post by Dolphine » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:33 pm

Last edited by Dolphine on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lsatismylifefornow

New

Post by lsatismylifefornow » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Does anyone here go to Villanova for Law School/ Had Saiman for Contracts?

He's teaching 1st year Contracts at Penn this semester, and I was wondering if any law students from Villanova would be nice enough to PM me/ email me practice exams for his class.

The link on the first page for Villanova doesnt seem to work. I'm guessing you got to be a Villanova student to get access to them.

Thanks in advance. I know this is a long-shot!

helpplease

Bronze

Post by helpplease » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:11 pm

Hey guys, do any of yall attend Moritz College? I'm a student at T50 law school and we have a visiting professor this semester (Joshua Dressler) from Moritz and was wondering if any of yall would be willing to check the exam database for me.

The link to the exam database is below. If any of yall could PM me if Dressler has anything on there, I would be forever indebted to you. Thank you!!!!

https://moritzlaw.osu.edu/intranet/exams/index.php

transferror

Silver

Post by transferror » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:54 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=206545

Apparently he doesn't share old exams.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jennmiller323

New

Post by jennmiller323 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:08 am

I just posted this elsewhere in response to someone's question, but I'm sure ya'll could use this too

some (mostly) free CA BAR Exam Cheat Sheets that I use:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jcd ... Llu5A/edit

Those are just the Anti-trust ones, but it has a bunch of other section outline in there. And super sweet....

ajl17

New

Post by ajl17 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:26 am

thank you!

theycallmefoes

Bronze

Post by theycallmefoes » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:09 am

Sorry to revive an older thread, but I have a question about the PMBR books. If I'm looking to get one to help with exam prep, does it matter if it's a few years old? The more recent ones can be a bit pricey. Also, for the 2-volume set, is Volume 2 a continuation of Volume 1, or is it just additional prep material (i.e., do I need them both/do they have to be used in order)? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

fratstar1

Bronze

Post by fratstar1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:12 pm

Hey I'm a 1L at Boston College and I'm trying to get my hands on Vince Rougeau's past exams from Notre Dame. Its located on the Notre Dame Law Library server but it is only accessible via password....If anyone could get on there and and send them over to me I would be happy to return the favor.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SowhatsNU

Bronze

Post by SowhatsNU » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:29 am

Thanks for all the tips!

Jack_Sheridan

New

Post by Jack_Sheridan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:31 am

Thank you so much for sharing this...now this is what I was looking for! This will be more than help for me :)

tuhaybey

New

Post by tuhaybey » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:47 am

These questions aren't online, but here is a good list of the most recent print materials, which include a lot of good practice questions- http://lawbooklist.com

vlshort3955

New

Post by vlshort3955 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:29 am

Does anyone have any tips or good study materials to hone in on writing clearly under timed conditions? I went over a practice exam with my civ pro professor that I took under testing conditions and she basically said it was a mess to read. She's also a writing professor, so she's looking for clarity. There's no answer formula (eg. IRAC, Kaplan method) for her exams and she just wants short clear answers.
Even though I know the answers, under testing conditions (stress and time) I write way too much and make the answer very confusing. She suggested taking her past exams under timed conditions, which I will, but there's not many and I need more practice.

Thanks for any help, guys. :?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:38 pm

Can anyone recommend a good set of crim law flashcards (online)? I have a CALI account; should I stick to that?

Shema

New

Post by Shema » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:11 pm

theycallmefoes wrote:Sorry to revive an older thread, but I have a question about the PMBR books. If I'm looking to get one to help with exam prep, does it matter if it's a few years old? The more recent ones can be a bit pricey. Also, for the 2-volume set, is Volume 2 a continuation of Volume 1, or is it just additional prep material (i.e., do I need them both/do they have to be used in order)? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Older editions are fine to use. I actually prefer them because the font is larger. Plus the newer editions have the same questions and answers as the older. You can usually get an older one for 10 - 20 dollars on Amazon. You should get Volume 1 (Red book) first because it has 200 questions for each class. The blue book (Volume 2) is equally as helpful but it has only 100 questions for each class.

When you use PMBR be sure to read the answer carefully even if you get the question correct. It is reading the answer when the real learning happens.

Shema

New

Post by Shema » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:13 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:Can anyone recommend a good set of crim law flashcards (online)? I have a CALI account; should I stick to that?
You should really check out "quimbee". Several 1Ls I know are using it to prepare and find it to be a great online resource. I highly recommend it.

Shema

New

Post by Shema » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:17 pm

vlshort3955 wrote:Does anyone have any tips or good study materials to hone in on writing clearly under timed conditions? I went over a practice exam with my civ pro professor that I took under testing conditions and she basically said it was a mess to read. She's also a writing professor, so she's looking for clarity. There's no answer formula (eg. IRAC, Kaplan method) for her exams and she just wants short clear answers.
Even though I know the answers, under testing conditions (stress and time) I write way too much and make the answer very confusing. She suggested taking her past exams under timed conditions, which I will, but there's not many and I need more practice.

Thanks for any help, guys. :?
A civ pro exam is very difficult to organize because there are so many moving parts. If you don't mind sending one of your practice exams I can take a look at it and give you direct feedback on exactly how to organize the response. Professors are more likely to reward a well organized exam points because it is easy to read and to follow. There are certain topics and rules in civ pro that perfectly fit into one another and once this system is applied it is really a matter of plugging in the facts in your fact pattern into the system of analysis. If you'd like me to take a look just shoot me a PM.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”