Getting published without being on a journal (as a 2/3L) Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
samiseaborn

Bronze

Getting published without being on a journal (as a 2/3L)

Post by samiseaborn » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Can any current law journal/review members speak to how often it actually happens for a student? I know I read in Volokh's legal writing book that you should go for it but not emphasize being a student to try and sneak in a bit. Just looking for any info/advice from those who have tried submitting, or have read submissions while working on a journal.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Re: Getting published without being on a journal (as a 2/3L)

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:20 pm

This is an excellent question.

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:02 pm

Thanks, G. T., for the great advice! Did you ever ask any professor to look your work over before submission and if so, how receptive were they to the idea? I'm also glad to hear that there is room in many journals, my previous life was in a field with a severe over-saturation of grad student submissions, so I really was not sure what to expect with law journals.

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:03 pm

Last question (also bumping this 'cause most of our experienced TLSers are now finished with the bar and may be back?):

Should it be a full length article (like Profs usually submit) or a note/comment (like students on the journal)?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”