The Ten Students You Meet in Law School--0Ls take note! Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Thomas Jefferson

Bronze

Re: The Ten Students You Meet in Law School--0Ls take note!

Post by Thomas Jefferson » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:43 am

romothesavior wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:This piece was obviously written by the:

Boring, Middle of the Road, Insecure Common Law Student.

Not enough science skills for med school and an inability to be creative or crunch numbers that rules out a successful business career, the boring, middle of the road law student is likely straight out of undergrad. He or she wants a large paycheck in exchange for doing mind-numbing work at a job he or she can brag about to the rest of us who couldn't give a shit. Faced with other people in law school who don't care as much, have higher ideals or are simply more gifted, he or she tries to be funny by writing inane stereotypes of them and then posting these stereotypes on boring, middle of the road law blog. ;)
LOL
Is there any other kind?
--ImageRemoved--

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:27 am

PDaddy wrote:The posters in this thread appear to assume that one cannot fit into two or more of these archetypes. There are silent killers who just happen to be ethnic minorities, altruists who are so altruistic that they become desparados (who, btw, will do the ripping of the pages for the person who asked earlier), and so on.

I met a black bourgeoisie (southern-male) whose lineage of attorneys stretched back to the early 1900's and throughout his family...far and wide. White people, wait until you meet a "Clifton Downey Johnson IV", whose family has money longer than train smoke, and he thinks he's better than every other MF on campus because of it. Oh, and he's black! They're rare, but they're out there! And we all know how animal rights activists can be, so its not a stretch that a do-gooder with a plan, who also struggles academically, might spend every waking hour in the library but also loan out bad outlines, rip pages out of books or otherwise try to derail classmates.
lolwut?

I don't think we have to worry about you being the "silent killer" with writing like that. Was there a point in that barren wasteland of a post?

StudentAthlete

New

Post by StudentAthlete » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:07 am

Politically incorrect or not, there is a certain ring of truth to all of these sterotypes, including the "offensive" #8

creatinganalt

Bronze

Post by creatinganalt » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:18 pm

The truth is: if this list was truly insightful, this thread would be 20+ pages by now.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:45 pm

mpasi wrote:Gotta love the racist implications in #8.
Implications? I'd say expressions :lol: . Did you read the line about "f-u-l-l-r-i-d-e"? Could a person be more glibly bigoted?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:09 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
Implications? I'd say expressions :lol: . Did you read the line about "f-u-l-l-r-i-d-e"? Could a person be more glibly bigoted?
:roll:

C'mon. The post makes fun of every idiotically embellished and perceived law stereotype out there.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:20 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
OperaAttorney wrote:

C'mon. The post makes fun of every idiotically embellished and perceived law stereotype out there.
This is almost as bad as # 8. Are you sure you weren't in my section last year? :wink:

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:22 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
OperaAttorney wrote:

This is almost as bad as # 8. Are you sure you weren't in my section last year? :wink:
Haha, I'll just back out slowly.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:02 pm

romothesavior wrote:
PDaddy wrote:The posters in this thread appear to assume that one cannot fit into two or more of these archetypes. There are silent killers who just happen to be ethnic minorities, altruists who are so altruistic that they become desparados (who, btw, will do the ripping of the pages for the person who asked earlier), and so on.

I met a black bourgeoisie (southern-male) whose lineage of attorneys stretched back to the early 1900's and throughout his family...far and wide. White people, wait until you meet a "Clifton Downey Johnson IV", whose family has money longer than train smoke, and he thinks he's better than every other MF on campus because of it. Oh, and he's black! They're rare, but they're out there! And we all know how animal rights activists can be, so its not a stretch that a do-gooder with a plan, who also struggles academically, might spend every waking hour in the library but also loan out bad outlines, rip pages out of books or otherwise try to derail classmates.
lolwut?

I don't think we have to worry about you being the "silent killer" with writing like that. Was there a point in that barren wasteland of a post?
Wow, a bit harsh there romo, down boy.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

StudentAthlete

New

Post by StudentAthlete » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:06 pm

The ironic thing? Most of the "offended" people don't belong to any of the categories.

Oh self-loathe

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:19 pm

StudentAthlete wrote:The ironic thing? Most of the "offended" people don't belong to any of the categories.

Oh self-loathe
Really I could see some of the easily offended people (not the ones who posted, just in general) being number ones. With that being said, I think I'm a number one but def. not as harsh, but I would never be happy doing big/corporate law. But IDC if other people do.

MD/JD2B

Bronze

Post by MD/JD2B » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:08 pm

What about the pre-op transexual?

Warhawk

New

Post by Warhawk » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:39 am

Oh, can't believe I didn't notice this until right now.

As per the last sentence of #10...

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH CUFF LINKS??? :evil:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”