Semi-Pre-exam Freak Out Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
rbgrocio

Silver

Re: Semi-Pre-exam Freak Out

Post by rbgrocio » Fri May 07, 2010 5:22 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:Property in 24 hours!!! I can't wait to be done with on May 13... Honestly.... and who schedules a law review write on competition the day after finals? seriously????
That is rough, but you will be awesome! Just be glad yours isn't over Memorial Day Weekend, as mine is!

Well... My bday is today.... I had property yesterday and Crim on Monday. I'm celebrating my bday in pjs and learning all about the insanity defense.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri May 07, 2010 5:47 pm

rbgrocio wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:Property in 24 hours!!! I can't wait to be done with on May 13... Honestly.... and who schedules a law review write on competition the day after finals? seriously????
That is rough, but you will be awesome! Just be glad yours isn't over Memorial Day Weekend, as mine is!

Well... My bday is today.... I had property yesterday and Crim on Monday. I'm celebrating my bday in pjs and learning all about the insanity defense.
Oh my goodness-- happy birthday! Go out and drink as soon as all of this is over!

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Fri May 07, 2010 5:49 pm

hurray! write-on begins tomorrow and I don't even know what a write on is

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Sat May 08, 2010 12:21 am

Leeroy Jenkins wrote:hurray! write-on begins tomorrow and I don't even know what a write on is
--ImageRemoved--

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Sat May 08, 2010 12:55 am

Friday evening, late night studying, anyone?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sat May 08, 2010 1:09 am

Anyone feel like we are basically classmates? I know probably 5-10 of you guys better than any of my freaking real life classmates, haha.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Sat May 08, 2010 1:13 am

A'nold wrote:Anyone feel like we are basically classmates? I know probably 5-10 of you guys better than any of my freaking real life classmates, haha.
Kumbaya, A'nold.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Sat May 08, 2010 1:16 am

A'nold wrote:Anyone feel like we are basically classmates? I know probably 5-10 of you guys better than any of my freaking real life classmates, haha.
Hahaha I do agree with this, especially in terms of all the paranoia and stress that gets talked about around here. With my classmates i'm mostly like "oh yea, i wonder if it will be hard" or something nonchalant. I am pretty sure 0 of them know about my attempted transferring either.

P.S. I just called you out in the pennoyer thread

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Sat May 08, 2010 1:28 am

disco_barred wrote:
stinger35 wrote:I know I'll probably catch some hell, but I was just wondering how common people think it is to get great grades first semester (1st in class, Cali's, etc) and then screw up spring semester. Obviously I don't think I'll bomb and be bottom ten or even median, but I am talking simply 30% or so.

I don't want some dudes at median on here telling me "well, you don't have a big cushion, its easy to slip, bla bla bla" - I am more wondering if anyone knows people who have done or has done it themselves.

(Yes i am basically just freaking out and looking for a confidence boost, I realize that)
General trend:

1) You know whether or not you put in the needed work, if you didn't then you're hosed. No getting around that.

2) If you worked at least as smart (hopefully not as hard since you know better now) as last semester, then the higher your grades were the more likely they are to be in that neighborhood. Top 15% or so means you got some median or below grades first go around, or at least that not all of your exams were at the top of the heap. But if you were pulling down As last semester you aren't going to forget how to do it.

General trends, obviously, mean less than particulars - but absent giving up or letting ego get in the way of doing the work, high performers tend to have two things in common with respect to second semester grades. First, they panic and get terrified they'll lose their spot. Second, they don't.
I mean to ask this when I started the thread...Disco, why are you so wise?

Edit: (i mean that in a serious and good way, not actually questioning what makes you capable of giving advice...just clarifying)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”