Dean's list Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Gold

Re: Dean's list

Post by 270910 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Tall wrote:
Ragged wrote:Related question, what percentage of the class gets on the Dean's list? And what is the general rank of the school OP is attending?
I would love to know this as well. The arrogance. :roll:
Many (most?) schools don't have a dean's list.

Tall

New

Post by Tall » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:23 pm

annapavlova wrote:
Tall wrote:
Ragged wrote:Related question, what percentage of the class gets on the Dean's list? And what is the general rank of the school OP is attending?
Dude. If you're going to use Lloyd as your avatar, use the real Lloyd.
Good point. The size restriction really cuts down on the number of options you have. The original undoubtedly bests the prequel.

Tall

New

Post by Tall » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:24 pm

disco_barred wrote:
Tall wrote:
Many (most?) schools don't have a dean's list.
That's interesting, I had no idea. My original inquiry still stands though.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:33 pm

annapavlova wrote:
A'nold wrote:1 - the number of people that will care that GrapeApe is on the dean's list.

Also, 100% flame.

Edit: AND, I should also start a thread about how when people ask me if I am going to try to write on to the LR I say no and then when questioned further I have to admit that I am banking on grading on. Then they say, "man, that's such a risk!" I am left with another douchey situation where I can't really say that it is highly likely.

Solution- bomb every test this semester.
Not that I don't think Grape Ape is incredibly obnoxious BUT: couldn't you just say "oh sure, yeah." And just grade on and then everyone will you think you wrote on or whatever? You can avoid the awkward convo by not making a big deal about how you can grade on.
I was talking about my friends and closer acquaintances that know my grades. Friends: A'nold, why aren't you writing on? A'nold: Uh.........................................................................................................................................................................................................I like pizza!

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:02 am

A'nold wrote:
annapavlova wrote:
A'nold wrote:1 - the number of people that will care that GrapeApe is on the dean's list.

Also, 100% flame.

Edit: AND, I should also start a thread about how when people ask me if I am going to try to write on to the LR I say no and then when questioned further I have to admit that I am banking on grading on. Then they say, "man, that's such a risk!" I am left with another douchey situation where I can't really say that it is highly likely.

Not that I don't think Grape Ape is incredibly obnoxious BUT: couldn't you just say "oh sure, yeah." And just grade on and then everyone will you think you wrote on or whatever? You can avoid the awkward convo by not making a big deal about how you can grade on.
I was talking about my friends and closer acquaintances that know my grades. Friends: A'nold, why aren't you writing on? A'nold: Uh.........................................................................................................................................................................................................I like pizza!
Whatever dude. If I had the grades to grade on anything (not in LS yet but still) I'd be insanely proud and not feel awkward in talking about it. You should too. :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:03 am

Generally between top quarter --> top third

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:12 am

GrapeApe wrote:
The question here is why is the world don't you want to appear on the Dean's list?
A couple of reasons... First, when you are on the Dean's list other people in Law School bother you. Either to target you, or to ask you to carry them. Second, things like Class Rank, Law Review, CALI awards and Dean's Lists form the backbone of the elitist pretentious garbage that I hate the most about law school and lawyers.

I don't want to be a part of it.
You must be really rich and truly idealist. :wink: I can't knock you for it. Just ask the...uh...dean maybe? Just a shot in the dark, I dunno...

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:25 am

Ragged wrote:
A'nold wrote:
annapavlova wrote:

Also, 100% flame.

Haha, thanks. Some people get really uptight about that kind of stuff and might talk crap about you behind your back to other students, which I wouldn't mind so much but you don't want to get the douche label in ls, ya know?

Whatever dude. If I had the grades to grade on anything (not in LS yet but still) I'd be insanely proud and not feel awkward in talking about it. You should too. :wink:

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:47 am

Leeroy Jenkins wrote:
Generally between top quarter --> top third

Well then its not THAT impressive. /thread

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

GrapeApe

New

Post by GrapeApe » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:08 am

Well then its not THAT impressive.
Here it is the top 15%

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:11 am

GrapeApe wrote:
Well then its not THAT impressive.
Here it is the top 15%
Even so. Its really good, but not nearly good enough to feel unconfortable revealing it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”