Question about LOR from Law Prof Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
corporatelaw87

Bronze

Question about LOR from Law Prof

Post by corporatelaw87 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:39 pm

0L here, I was just curious how do you go about getting a LOR from a law prof if they grade blind? Do they eventually know what grade they gave to people, or is it more like when you ask for a rec they look your grade up?

solidsnake

Silver

Re: Question about LOR from Law Prof

Post by solidsnake » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:04 pm

Ideally, you have formed a relationship with them over the course of the semester and when you walk in to ask for that rec, they already know your grade as they've been watching you with great interest. If you are asking how do they know what your grade is, typically they submit blind to the recorder, the recorder then attaches names to the grades and the prof has discretion for bumps/drops for class participation prior to final submission. I've never had a prof cop to actually bumping or dropping anyone, though. I think they retain this right ultimately for student behavior-shaping to get students to read their CB and submit to being Socraticized. (Socriticized?)

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”