Bar Exam Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Ipsa Dixit

Bronze

Bar Exam

Post by Ipsa Dixit » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:02 am

So folks who are graduating soon... where are you planning to take the bar? Taking BarBri? Kaplan? Something else?

Feeling like this about upcoming graduation?

(from http://www.courtoons.net)

2lstudent

New

Re: Bar Exam

Post by 2lstudent » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:47 pm

I took the Ohio Bar in July 09. I took the BarBri IPOD course, which was kinda awesome. No supplemental courses, but I didn't have a firm covering my expenses. I don't know anyone who was self paying who did multiple courses.

The IPOD version was great for multiple reasons. 1) I didn't have to spend my summer with stressed out law students. The videos are the same anyway, and I got to watch them in the comfort of home rather than dealing with bizarre student behavior. 2) No commute time/parking issues. 3) It gave me the flexibility to have a part time job. I taught a class one morning a week, which let me do the whole thing without loans. The bar loan terms are pretty damn crummy.

I don't know about any other companies or prep programs.

BTW I highly recommend celebrating graduation in some way, if only to have a break between finals craziness and bar craziness.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”