Reminder: Don't tag posts Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Kohinoor

Gold

Re: Reminder: Don't tag posts

Post by Kohinoor » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:38 am

bookmarked.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:39 am

this reminder just reminds me how lame it must be to be a mod

LoyolaLaw2012

Bronze

Post by LoyolaLaw2012 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:00 am

Intriguing...

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:48 am

Bump 8)

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:34 pm

Renzo wrote:
betasteve wrote: P.S. Standing does matter. Moderators make policy. Moderators discuss and debate between each other for or against policy and how it is implemented. That is the only way policy changes. You aren't a moderator, thus your lack of standing is very relevant.
Modtatorship? Modtocracy? Modarchy?
Kenarchy

Mod's are just Modistrocrats.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:08 pm

superserial wrote:
predetermined wrote: I don't think anybody's actually called me a douche here.
you're a douche.
+1

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:10 pm

This is kinda ridiculous because subscribing to a thread doesn't put it under "view your posts" where you can quickly and conveniently view the thread. Someone should fix this so you can watch a thread under "view my posts" when you subscribe to it. I don't even know what email address notifications from this forum go to and, no, I'm not going to bookmark a shitton of threads (and you can't even see when there is a new post up that way).

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:22 pm

XxSpyKEx wrote:This is kinda ridiculous because subscribing to a thread doesn't put it under "view your posts" where you can quickly and conveniently view the thread. Someone should fix this so you can watch a thread under "view my posts" when you subscribe to it. I don't even know what email address notifications from this forum go to and, no, I'm not going to bookmark a shitton of threads (and you can't even see when there is a new post up that way).

1) to find out what email address you have TLS going to go to your User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Account Settings. Tah Dah!!! It's there.

2) you can see when a new post is up, because it will send you an email telling you that someone posted on the thread.

3) It doesn't really matter whether you are going to bookmark or subscribe to threads, the point is that if you "tag" a thread your post will be deleted. So you should find a way to solve that problem for yourself.

cougarlive

Bronze

Post by cougarlive » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:35 pm

lishi wrote:
XxSpyKEx wrote:This is kinda ridiculous because subscribing to a thread doesn't put it under "view your posts" where you can quickly and conveniently view the thread. Someone should fix this so you can watch a thread under "view my posts" when you subscribe to it. I don't even know what email address notifications from this forum go to and, no, I'm not going to bookmark a shitton of threads (and you can't even see when there is a new post up that way).

1) to find out what email address you have TLS going to go to your User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Account Settings. Tah Dah!!! It's there.

2) you can see when a new post is up, because it will send you an email telling you that someone posted on the thread.

3) It doesn't really matter whether you are going to bookmark or subscribe to threads, the point is that if you "tag" a thread your post will be deleted. So you should find a way to solve that problem for yourself.

Exactly, not to mention I get an email every time someone decides to "tag" a thread I am following instead of bookmarking it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Snooker

Bronze

Post by Snooker » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:02 pm

I'm not so sure about the tag rule. Tagging serves a purpose if the post is informative but doesn't draw a lot of commentary.

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:03 pm

Snooker wrote:I'm not so sure about the tag rule. Tagging serves a purpose if the post is informative but doesn't draw a lot of commentary.
That's a "bump," and is also annoying.

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:10 pm

Snooker wrote:I'm not so sure about the tag rule. Tagging serves a purpose if the post is informative but doesn't draw a lot of commentary.
Then click the "bookmark" tab. Then even if it doesn't get a lot of comments afterwards, you can go into your User Control Panel and see the threads that you have bookmarked. There really is no reason a tag is necessary when there are other easier measures you can take.

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:29 am

lishi wrote:
Then click the "bookmark" tab. Then even if it doesn't get a lot of comments afterwards, you can go into your User Control Panel and see the threads that you have bookmarked. There really is no reason a tag is necessary when there are other easier measures you can take.
Oh snap... I've been using this board since 06 and never quite figured that one out until just now :oops: (I thought you guys were talking about bookmarking on the browser earlier in this thread). That's actually really useful.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:00 pm

Even if people stop explicitly tagging threads, they will continue doing so by posting other annoying no-content distractions, such as "congrats!", "great thread", and "thanks". As such, this rule is pointless.

LjakW

Bronze

Post by LjakW » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:08 pm

SAE wrote:Even if people stop explicitly tagging threads, they will continue doing so by posting other annoying no-content distractions, such as "congrats!", "great thread", and "thanks". As such, this rule is pointless.
Reminds me of topher's old "cool thread"

Lighthouse28

Bronze

Post by Lighthouse28 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:34 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before. But how do you tag a thread? I don't see any tag button anyway??

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Lighthouse28 wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before. But how do you tag a thread? I don't see any tag button anyway??
"Tagging" refers to someone who replies to a thread with a message that only says "tag" or something similarly useless. Doing so puts the thread in your "View your posts" screen without you adding any substance to the conversation.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:53 pm

Lighthouse28 wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before. But how do you tag a thread? I don't see any tag button anyway??
Don't worry about that. If you can't do it you can't get banned.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”