casebooks/supplements worth keeping Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
sammyjoey

New

casebooks/supplements worth keeping

Post by sammyjoey » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:57 pm

are there certain casebooks and/or supplements that i should NOT sell back? i'm planning on keeping my copy of UCC/Restatement at the very least. any others that i should be sure to hang on to?

tia

orangeswarm

Bronze

Re: casebooks/supplements worth keeping

Post by orangeswarm » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:05 pm

Depends on what you want to do. I only kept books I thought would be useful in the future in areas where the law was not constantly changing (i.e., rules of evidence, civil procedure, restatements).

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:19 pm

I kept all the leather-bound casebooks, but I resold all my supplements and rule books (UCC, FRCP). I'm sure I'll never read the casebooks again, but I thought they would make a nice start to my law library. I bought a book by Scalia over Christmas break; it was $30, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that the binding under the cover is terrific with some embossing. It really pained me to keep my casebooks because I didn't make a single mark in them. I could have sold them for a couple hundred bucks, but I'm a sentimental chap.

kimber1028

Bronze

Post by kimber1028 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:23 pm

I'm keeping my casebooks as well (except for Crim, which I will never use again). I wouldn't be able to sell them for very much, though, since I used the multi-colored highlighter method and they're all tabbed to high heaven. I sold all of my outlines and E&Es on Amazon. I'll get new outlines from BARBRI after 3L anyways.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”