Fordham Law 1L - Below 50% - Drop out? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
frost

Bronze

Re: Fordham Law 1L - Below 50% - Drop out?

Post by frost » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:53 pm

struggling1L wrote:i'm a 1L at fordham as well. i'm still waiting to get one of my 5 credit grades back but at this point am very disappointed and could use some advice. i received a B in a 3 credit class and a B plus in a 5 credit class. i just have a dreadful feeling that my other 5 credit class will be a B. i do not think that i worked as hard this semester as i could, and definitely did not work as smart (it's been quite a while since i've been in school, 5 plus years and it took getting used to). assuming that i can raise my grades signficantly (let's not question for the moment if that is actually a possible dream or not), is my gpa recoverable to the point to get me in the top 30 or so percent?
I'm also a Fordham 1L, also slightly disappointed but haven't gotten back all my grades so I still have some hope. Anyway If you get a B in your other 5cr class, your GPA will be a 3.12. That's still top 50% according to the latest class standings (below). Since this semester we'll have 19 credits (including 5cr LW grade at the end of the year), you can get about a 3.35 overall GPA, putting you between 25-33%, if you get a 3.5 GPA this semester, which requires an even mix of B+/A-. So don't worry, I don't think your situation is as bad as it really is. I think we're all freaking out because Bs are a rare sight from undergrad classes.

Approximate Class Standing | Class of 2008 | Class of 2009/10
10% | 3.58 | 3.55
25% | 3.46 | 3.38
33% | 3.39 | 3.31
50% | 3.27 | 3.17

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:56 am

Hey i know i dont go to the same caliber school, but did you use E+E and hornbooks? That was really helpful for me.

yaffa9423

New

Post by yaffa9423 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:08 am

You seem to be a very concerned with succeeding. So, even if you don't get the grades you desired, I am positive you will have a successful career.

I'm so glad im reading this now though. I haven't heard back from Fordham - but I doubt I will get more than a half scholarship if and when I get in. Whereas I've been offered close to a full at cardozo and expect even more money from Brooklyn. I think I will be taking one of those because just thinking about 6 figures in loans gets me nervous.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”