UNC Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
sc71726

New

Housing: 2L needs roommate

Post by sc71726 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:16 pm

My current roommate is going to be moving out in August, so if someone needs housing let me know. I'm a 2L and live at 174 Summerwalk Circle in Chapel Hill, the neighborhood is Finley Forest and is right across from Meadowmont. The apartment is nice, it has two bedrooms, each has its own bathroom and balcony, there is a deck also. The place is fully furnished, aside from the open bedroom. There are two buses close by, and I usually take it to school every day. Rent is 500. Let me know if you're interested, (919)616-0603 or sean.clayton@unc.edu.

DeeCee

Silver

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Post by DeeCee » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:36 pm

Excited to be in CH soon.....I should be moving at the end of July. Congrats to those recently admitted, too!

gdizz01

New

Post by gdizz01 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:42 pm

Hey everyone, just wanted to pop in and say that I'll be attending as well, and also that even though I check all the sites obsessively and have waited eagerly for more e-mails, I've found that accessibility both to direct "you should be doing x, y, and z, and here is how you do it" information is almost impossible to come by. I can access my carolina and signed up for e-mail, but have heard nothing about finaid (besides from upperclassmen at other schools saying that they didn't get their packages until August). I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row, so to speak, so I've found this process fairly frustrating since I don't want to show up in NC and find out that my loans have been denied or something. Anyone that has any information to share about what they've managed to take care of (such as the person that posted the info about the health form) would be much appreciated! Thanks!

carolinguia

New

Post by carolinguia » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Have you gone to the "Preparing for Law School" link from the Admitted Students' Page? That's been my checklist for the most part.

dailykosak

New

Post by dailykosak » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:13 pm

This is just a bump
dailykosak wrote:Hi to all you future tarheels and an early welcome to UNC. I am finishing up my 1L year and am moving, which means that it is time to sort through the bookshelves and whittle down my possessions. I have a boatload of 1L supplements, mostly E&Es that I would be happy to pass on to an incoming UNC 1L. Not asking an arm and a leg, so let me know if there are any you want and we can work something out. Specifically, I have:

Criminal Law E&E
Understanding Property Law (Lexus, a good guide)
Glannon's Guide Civ Pro
E&E Civ Pro
Contracts E&E
Torts E&E
Con Law caseguide (free to a good home)
Getting to Maybe
Reading Like a Lawyer
Law School Confidential
a couple of comprehensive commercial outlines for all of the 1L subjects

If you have Saver for Torts, Wegner for Property, Marshall for Civ Pro or Nichol for con law I have the texts that we used this year, you may be using the same books. Let me know when you find out your book assignment and I will beat student stores and Amazon.

Congrats to all of you who will be coming this fall....UNC-law is fantastic. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nostats

New

Post by nostats » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:16 am

Hey incoming Tar Heels,

I'm a rising 3L and am posting this ad for a friend. Finley Forest is great for law students--plenty of law and other grad students around, not too loud, easy access by bus to campus, nice pool, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions about law school; if you're interested in the place, contact Richard at the number below.

2 bed/2 bath Finley Forest Condo
available for rent the first week in August.
$925.00/month with 1 year lease agreement
Includes washer/dryer, fully equipped kitchen w/dishwasher,
hardwood floors, updated closets, patio for grilling,
adjacent parking.
Close to the community pool & tennis courts.

EXCELLENT LOCATION

Walking distance to the Friday Center,
on direct bus-line to UNC & downtown
and convenient to I-40.

Call Richard at 843-830-9919 or email esalmony@nc.rr.com

aligotti

New

Post by aligotti » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:19 pm

Hey everyone,

I decided to come to Carolina Law (yay!) after figuring out all my waitlist decisions and am now really late to the 'Find a Roomate/Place to Live' Party. I am a 21 y.o. Male rising 1L and would like to live close enough to bike to class each day. I just graduated from Georgia Tech in May with a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

If you have a place and need a roomate let me know, or if you want to line up a roomate and then find a place I'd be up for that too.

If neither of those apply to you I won't hold it against you too much and I look forward to seeing you at UNC Law in August! (hopefully I won't be the guy living in a small box)

Andy Ligotti
aligotti@gatech.edu

beccabea

Bronze

Post by beccabea » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:39 am

Andy, you'd probably have better luck posting to the Facebook group when you become a member. A few people are still looking for roommates there.

jackattack17

Bronze

Post by jackattack17 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:11 am

just got in!!! see y'all in a few weeks. i should have an extra room in my condo in mid-august if anyone is still looking. i'm on umstead drive toward carrboro, it's myself and another male roommate, rent is cheap ($300+utilities). let me know!!! GO HEELS!!! and that sucks about butch, right? if you're gonna fire a coach, you do it in the spring, not the week before camp, wtf.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”