Marquette Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
jtsherro

New

Re: Marquette Class of 2014

Post by jtsherro » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi there. I'm giving heavy consideration to attending Marquette, the only reason I won't attend is if I get into Tulane or Pepperdine, and I was just wondering if anyone was looking for a roommate who will attend Marquette next year as well.

Oh PS I'm a 20, about to be 21 y/o guy if that factors into anyone's decision.

Anyone else as pumped as I am for law school?

jreed27

New

Post by jreed27 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:30 pm

I am also looking to attend MU Law in the Fall. I am unfamiliar with Milwaukee, but does anyone have any suggestions on apartments, locations, roommates, etc? Any info would help me along.

mlbennani

New

Post by mlbennani » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:10 pm

This might be of help to you guys looking for housing and general info about living in Milwaukee. It includes a lot of info. Check it out:

http://law.marquette.edu/cgi-bin/site.p ... ousingInfo

jreed27

New

Post by jreed27 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks for the link. I was on there, but was wondering if there are any students or people in general with some first hand recommendations for new students.

danget bobby

New

Post by danget bobby » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:19 pm

jreed27 wrote:Thanks for the link. I was on there, but was wondering if there are any students or people in general with some first hand recommendations for new students.
I am finishing up undergrad at MU. I am renting from Wiegand Ent. (see link above) and have for the past 2 years. Overall it has been an enjoyable experience and I would recommend renting from them. The few maintence issues the building had (front buzzer broken, laundry problems) were fixed promptly. They are pretty good about plowing/shoveling the snow in the winter. I will say that sometimes the leasing office can be less-than-curteous when talking to you (ie you are wasting their time when talking to them). I thought the rent was very reasonable, especially considering I have hardwood floors, dishwasher and parking.

I am not sure what buildings they own, but the one I have lived in (Junior Court) is a bit west of campus (23 and Wisconsin). It takes me about 10 minutes to get to campus, 15 to get to Eckstein Hall on the east end of campus. This is fine when the weather is nice, meh when the weather is shitty. Other residents are pretty quiet and respectful. However there is a 24 hour restaurant across the street and it is 2 blocks East of the Rave, do it can get pretty rowdy outside sometimes.

Also, in the two years I have been in this building there have been 3 shootings in the immediate vicinity. I'm not sure if this is a lot of a little. The closer east you get to campus the safer the area is (I wouldn't go further west than 23rd).

HTH

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dgymrat44

New

Post by dgymrat44 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:42 am

danget bobby wrote:
jreed27 wrote:Thanks for the link. I was on there, but was wondering if there are any students or people in general with some first hand recommendations for new students.
I am finishing up undergrad at MU. I am renting from Wiegand Ent. (see link above) and have for the past 2 years. Overall it has been an enjoyable experience and I would recommend renting from them. The few maintence issues the building had (front buzzer broken, laundry problems) were fixed promptly. They are pretty good about plowing/shoveling the snow in the winter. I will say that sometimes the leasing office can be less-than-curteous when talking to you (ie you are wasting their time when talking to them). I thought the rent was very reasonable, especially considering I have hardwood floors, dishwasher and parking.

I am not sure what buildings they own, but the one I have lived in (Junior Court) is a bit west of campus (23 and Wisconsin). It takes me about 10 minutes to get to campus, 15 to get to Eckstein Hall on the east end of campus. This is fine when the weather is nice, meh when the weather is shitty. Other residents are pretty quiet and respectful. However there is a 24 hour restaurant across the street and it is 2 blocks East of the Rave, do it can get pretty rowdy outside sometimes.

Also, in the two years I have been in this building there have been 3 shootings in the immediate vicinity. I'm not sure if this is a lot of a little. The closer east you get to campus the safer the area is (I wouldn't go further west than 23rd).

HTH
Is West Allis far enough west or is that a bad area? I was thinking I would get something out there but obviously not if it's not a good area

danget bobby

New

Post by danget bobby » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:24 pm

dgymrat44 wrote:
danget bobby wrote:

HTH
Is West Allis far enough west or is that a bad area? I was thinking I would get something out there but obviously not if it's not a good area
I know someone who lives in West Allis and commutes (as an undergrad). I have little experience with the area but when I said I would not live west of 23rd I was referring to the immediate vicinity of Milwaukee. I imagine West Allis would be fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”