Denver Law 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Gatorbull84

Bronze

Re: Denver Law 2014

Post by Gatorbull84 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:09 pm

Haha I applied to every school that gave me a free app. Is there a facebook page for our class yet?

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Gatorbull84 wrote:Haha I applied to every school that gave me a free app. Is there a facebook page for our class yet?
Yep. Try here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 2219383701

Gatorbull84

Bronze

Post by Gatorbull84 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:50 pm

thanks

CinnamonRose

New

Post by CinnamonRose » Sun May 01, 2011 10:46 am

Hi - Live in Chicago now and I got equal scholarships to DePaul and to Denver. Hard decision because both have similar ranks and tight networking but only regional hiring.
But...in the end DU won - much better building, much better administrative staff (or so it seems) and the concentrations are more in line with my interests.
And my daughter is graduating from CU and staying in Colorado.

So.....I am starting housing search as well but, if the person who gave info before could respond - or anyone else:
I am an older non-traditional student so the 20 something nightlife has no appeal. But I have a student budget for now.
Where should I look for housing for an older woman who loves "neighborhoods" with a sense of community, artsy, vibrant?
Thanks

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Sun May 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi Cinnamon,

Are you going day or night? Also, will you have a car?

There's a ton of great neighborhoods that are affordable. If you want to be close, pretty much anywhere around campus is going to have a great sense of community and fun vibe, though moving a little westward (towards Downing or even between Downing or Broadway) will start to be a little bit older, with fewer undergrads. If you're doing night, you may want to consider this just so you don't have far to go after classes.

If you don't mind commuting (either by car or by lightrail), I really recommend Capitol Hill/Cheesman Park. You can find affordable apartments, the neighborhoods are super walkable for groceries, parks, etc., and they're just really nice places to live (though you should always try to be at least two or three blocks removed from Colfax. It gets a little seedy.)

Finally, the Highlands, though a bit more expensive, is also a really nice place. Great restaurants, lots of nice people, and really nice houses. Definitely more of a driving neighborhood though, since you're a ways off the good bus/light rail lines (though if you did lo-hi, it's just a walk across the pedestrian bridge to downtown.)

Cheers, welcome to Denver!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CinnamonRose

New

Post by CinnamonRose » Sun May 01, 2011 10:03 pm

thanks - I will be full time/day so the information really helped. I prefer a combo of public transport and renting car/Igo when I need one so this helps.

Gatorbull84

Bronze

Post by Gatorbull84 » Sat May 07, 2011 7:02 pm

Has everyone secured housing yet? I plan on looking later this month

bakerka2

New

Post by bakerka2 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:26 pm

Gatorbull84 wrote:Has everyone secured housing yet? I plan on looking later this month
I haven't... I'm 90% sure I'm going to DU... right now I live in Denver, in Capitol Hill, but I'd rather live closer to school since driving kind of sucks around here, and my studio is tiny. Wouldn't mind finding a house to share with a few 1L's, pref with my own bathroom :)

IamAskier

Bronze

Post by IamAskier » Tue May 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Anyone going to the New Student's Reception? Sounds awesome but it is scheduled (quite conspicuously) on the same day as the June LSAT, which I'm sadly retaking.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Tue May 17, 2011 6:30 pm

IamAskier wrote:Anyone going to the New Student's Reception? Sounds awesome but it is scheduled (quite conspicuously) on the same day as the June LSAT, which I'm sadly retaking.
I'll be there, but I'm lucky enough to live in Denver, so it's not a trip for me!

IamAskier

Bronze

Post by IamAskier » Tue May 17, 2011 6:44 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
IamAskier wrote:Anyone going to the New Student's Reception? Sounds awesome but it is scheduled (quite conspicuously) on the same day as the June LSAT, which I'm sadly retaking.
I'll be there, but I'm lucky enough to live in Denver, so it's not a trip for me!
You changed your avatar I didn't recognize you ha. Ya I'm pissed I can't go, it sounds like a pretty swanky event, and a good opportunity to start the networking. Ah the LSAT keeps ruining my life.

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Tue May 17, 2011 7:07 pm

IamAskier wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:
You changed your avatar I didn't recognize you ha. Ya I'm pissed I can't go, it sounds like a pretty swanky event, and a good opportunity to start the networking. Ah the LSAT keeps ruining my life.
I tried to change it back today, but I can't find my picture of Jerry Orbach anymore!

I emailed with another TLSer last night, and told him that it will probably be worth it if he's in town, but not necessarily worth the trip out just to go to this (especially since it's only an hour and a half.) Definitely some good networking, but from what I hear there are plenty of other events to do the same, so you aren't missing out on a once in a lifetime thing.

The LSAT, she kills us all.

jduds

New

Post by jduds » Wed May 18, 2011 3:45 pm

Anyone looking for a roommate for this fall? I am looking for a fellow 1l or two to live with next year. Feel free to pm me if you are interested and we can see if we would be a good fit. I am from Phoenix so I literally have no idea about the Denver area real estate and if any one has any suggestions about good places to live it would really help me out.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CinnamonRose

New

Post by CinnamonRose » Thu May 26, 2011 7:36 pm

What is the deal on the accepted student reception? Will many people (new students) be there? Since I need housing anyways, it might be good to time the trip for housing with that?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”