University of Maine Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
ggx

New

Re: University of Maine

Post by ggx » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:25 am

Yikes. I guess I should reconsider Maine?

akcorps

Bronze

Post by akcorps » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:54 am

Depends on what you want, how much money you get, your personal feelings about Maine Law, etc. I am just upset because I would have thought my home state would have done me a favor or two considering all the setbacks in life I choose to blame on having grown up there. :roll:

mack2215

New

Post by mack2215 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:55 pm

Last edited by mack2215 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akcorps

Bronze

Post by akcorps » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:35 pm

mack2215 wrote: I was about to withdraw from Maine the other day, but I checked with the admissions office before I did and they said even though the website claims that scholarships are all sent out by March 1st, the committee is meeting again on monday and they still have money to give out.
Too late for me on that. I withdrew already. I sent an email to the Dean of Admissions, got no response, and withdrew. I wish you all luck there.

davidtothej05

New

Post by davidtothej05 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:28 pm

any of you going to the open house next week?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

twozeroseven

New

Post by twozeroseven » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:00 pm

davidtothej05 wrote:any of you going to the open house next week?
I'm going. I think it will be my last one / will give me enough information to make a decision. Question for Maine though. Where do you get off asking for a seat deposit (if there is money involved) before your open house? Order of operations fail.

akcorps

Bronze

Post by akcorps » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:04 pm

twozeroseven wrote:I'm going. I think it will be my last one / will give me enough information to make a decision. Question for Maine though. Where do you get off asking for a seat deposit (if there is money involved) before your open house? Order of operations fail.
Well, in my experience, I think the mindset is "where else you going to go in Maine?" Pay me now, decide on me later.

twozeroseven

New

Post by twozeroseven » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:24 pm

akcorps wrote:
twozeroseven wrote:I'm going. I think it will be my last one / will give me enough information to make a decision. Question for Maine though. Where do you get off asking for a seat deposit (if there is money involved) before your open house? Order of operations fail.
Well, in my experience, I think the mindset is "where else you going to go in Maine?" Pay me now, decide on me later.
Agreed on the mindset. Not psyched about it.

BeeGirl33

New

Post by BeeGirl33 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:57 am

Just got in last week - got no money though. Applied late and only to Maine. Debating withdrawing and trying for more schools in the fall. Older student, so hate to wait another year. But will be entering law school with 1 month old newborn - so maybe for the best?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

twozeroseven

New

Post by twozeroseven » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:47 am

BeeGirl33 wrote:Just got in last week - got no money though. Applied late and only to Maine. Debating withdrawing and trying for more schools in the fall. Older student, so hate to wait another year. But will be entering law school with 1 month old newborn - so maybe for the best?
Many people didn't get any money to Maine. They are very stingy / don't have much to give. Only you can decide what cycle is good for you. I would suspect waiting is a good idea. Use the time with your new child to study for and re-take the LSAT (assuming you didn't already kill it) -- if you can study with a newborn in the room then you can slay the test. Also use the time to polish your resume and application file and apply to one or two other schools in Maine's peer group (Tier 3 / lower tier 2) and collect competing scholarships to use as leverage next cycle.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”