Can transfers to a top 14 still make big law Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lawschoolsplit2023

New

Can transfers to a top 14 still make big law

Post by lawschoolsplit2023 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:44 pm

I am unfamiliar how the transfer process works regarding law schools. Can someone a top 20 school with excellent 1L credentials, transfer to not only a top 14, but still land big law upon graduation and excellent summer internships , etc. ?

nixy

Gold

Re: Can transfers to a top 14 still make big law

Post by nixy » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:05 pm

Probably, but if you have excellent 1L credentials at a T20 you should be able to get those outcomes without transferring.

ignorantfoot96

New

Post by ignorantfoot96 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:59 pm

lawschoolsplit2023 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:44 pm
I am unfamiliar how the transfer process works regarding law schools. Can someone a top 20 school with excellent 1L credentials, transfer to not only a top 14, but still land big law upon graduation and excellent summer internships , etc. ?
Former transfer here - landed big law relatively no trouble with median grades at the T-14 that I transferred to . I was from a Tier 3 schools with top 5-10% grades, so made sense for me, but if you have good grades from a T-20, I agree with the other poster that you probably are safe enough where you are and I wouldn't leave unless you have no scholarship.

Goldie

Bronze

Post by Goldie » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:04 pm

I transferred from a top ~35 law school to a top 3 school, summered at a V20 in DC, clerked, and later practiced at a V10 in DC. Some transfers I knew had some difficulty in the OCI process, but in general transfers did quite well and got biglaw jobs if they wanted them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”