Should I disclose BigLaw offer to School (Transfer) Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Maxcol95

New

Should I disclose BigLaw offer to School (Transfer)

Post by Maxcol95 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:22 pm

Hi Guys,
I'm a rising 2L, I'm transferring schools for personal reasons from a T20 school, both of my options are also top 20 schools + waitlist at Northwestern. I've been waiting to hear back from both schools and I was planning on waiting it out since I've received a summer associate offer from a top 15 firm that I'm pretty happy with and I've accepted so I'm not going to participate in the OCIs anyways. My questions is, Should I disclose the fact that I've received and accepted a biglaw SA offer to both schools to "persuade" them to admit me since top schools usually really care about their biglaw numbers? would it be a non-factor? or would it give me a better chance? Also, how would you go about telling them?

Thanks

overheadSPIDERS

New

Re: Should I disclose BigLaw offer to School (Transfer)

Post by overheadSPIDERS » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:32 am

I doubt you would hurt your candidacy if you sent a LOCI (letter of continuing interest) reaffirming your interest in said schools and mentioning that by the way, you have an offer at X firm and intend to take it (if you intend to).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”