Chances for Transfer to UChicago Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Maxcol95

New

Chances for Transfer to UChicago

Post by Maxcol95 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:27 am

Hi guys,
Just wanted to ask what you think my chances are of transferring to UChicago, I am a 1L at BU, GPA is 3.63 Class Rank: Top 11%, I don't know if they'll ask for my LSAT which was 165 (not great for UChicago).
I plan to apply for early decision too.

Pennoyer v. Meh

Bronze

Re: Chances for Transfer to UChicago

Post by Pennoyer v. Meh » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:01 pm

I got into UC as a transfer; my LSAT was lower but my 1L GPA was higher (~3.75). I might consider waiting for RD, and trying to raise your GPA.

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Chances for Transfer to UChicago

Post by crazywafflez » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:53 pm

I think pretty good, tbh. That kind of GPA should set you up as an xfer to Chi.

Anecdotal, but I had a friend with high 3.6ish from a T1 xfer into Chi (think Wake/Tulane/UNC/Georgia).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”