Should I Transfer? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Maxcol95

New

Should I Transfer?

Post by Maxcol95 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:51 pm

Hi guys, I'm a 1L at BU Law, I wanted to ask you your opinions, do you think I should transfer out of BU and into WashU, NDLS or UT Austin? I talked to admissions at all 3 and they basically said based on my grades I have a very good chance of getting admitted. I also plan to apply to UChicago but getting accepted there would certainly be more difficult.
My first semester went good, I am top 11% of my class right now.
My goals are Biglaw (in order) 1.Miami (from the area), 2. Chicago (family in the area), or 3. NYC (Just cause its New York). My biggest fear with BU is having to stay in Boston, the city is nice but I just don't see myself living here long term.

Pennoyer v. Meh

Bronze

Re: Should I Transfer?

Post by Pennoyer v. Meh » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:31 pm

If you don't want to be in Texas, don't transfer to UT. I'd look at Northwestern before I look at the other schools listed, as well. It's a little hard to give much more specific advice without knowing your actual grades, but you can look at 509s and see how you fit each school.

Maxcol95

New

Re: Should I Transfer?

Post by Maxcol95 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:02 pm

Pennoyer v. Meh wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:31 pm
If you don't want to be in Texas, don't transfer to UT. I'd look at Northwestern before I look at the other schools listed, as well. It's a little hard to give much more specific advice without knowing your actual grades, but you can look at 509s and see how you fit each school.
I have a 3.63 GPA from last semester.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”