Interview for Emory Law Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
svrea

New

Interview for Emory Law

Post by svrea » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:12 pm

Hi, I am attempting to transfer to Emory Law and got accepted for an interview as part of the admission process. Is this a good thing? How do I prepare for this? Has anyone had experience with this?

Lawman1865

Bronze

Re: Interview for Emory Law

Post by Lawman1865 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:58 pm

Congrats. I didn't go to Emory, but I did go through the transfer process. Some schools do recorded questions and later review your video answers, and others do specific interviews. I don't think you need to overthink this, if they granted you an interview that is absolutely a good sign (they wouldn't waste time interviewing you if they weren't interested), and some would even say these interviews are to make sure you are normal.

With respect to questions, you should obviously have a very good answer for why you are transferring and why you are interested specifically in Emory. Also why you like law, what your legal goals are, etc. I know I was thrown some weird curveballs (what's your favorite book, what was your latest dream and what did you take away from it), but you can't really prepare for those so I would just show that you are an affable and normal person and you should be fine.

Good luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”