cannot get an LoR? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

cannot get an LoR?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:03 pm

I have been rejected by all my professor with recommendation letter, even in classes that I received As. Have you guys run into the same problem? They straight up told me they do not write letters for transfer. I think maybe the school has told them not to. Is this it for my transfer plan?

Lawman1865

Bronze

Re: cannot get an LoR?

Post by Lawman1865 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:03 pm
I have been rejected by all my professor with recommendation letter, even in classes that I received As. Have you guys run into the same problem? They straight up told me they do not write letters for transfer. I think maybe the school has told them not to. Is this it for my transfer plan?
I have never heard of this, but maybe somebody else has... This seems ridiculous and I'm shocked that 5 professors would all reject writing a letter (and if it's because of an unwritten school policy, I would suggest outing them publicly on this forum). If you have already tried to get them to sign one and they all rejected it, even after some discussion, I would follow up in an email explaining that this is a required and expected part of the transfer process and that it would mean a lot to have a recommendation from such an [esteemed/wonderful/amazing] professor, etc, I mean basically just keep pushing. The problem is that obviously they are writing the LoR so it would be in your interest not to piss them off, but it's their job to write LoRs and so they should just do it. Not sure what your situation is more broadly and whether transferring makes sense for you, but for you to give up on transferring because one or two professors wouldn't write a letter would suck. Maybe just try and have an honest conversation with each of them, you only need to convince a couple.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: cannot get an LoR?

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:03 pm
Which is your current law school ?

My impression is that it must be a Tier 4 law school in need of every tuition paying warm body it can get.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”