Should I transfer from T4 -> GULC. Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Should I transfer

Stay at T4
No votes
Transfer to GULC
100%

Total votes: 16

Anonymous User

Should I transfer from T4 -> GULC.

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:52 pm

I just got my first-semester grades back. I ended up with a 4.075, however, one of my doctrinal classes ended up being P/F for reasons. Assuming I get accepted (huge if I know) *should* I make the jump?

I'm in the D.C. area and am considering transferring via EA to GULC. Right now I'm getting a 50% merit scholarship and my total cost of 3 years of law school is going to be ~1 year at GULC.

I'm interested in a Fed job. 100% don't want to do big law. Is the prestige worth it for Federal Honors Program?

I'll also note that I'm not fresh out of college and will be nearly 40 by the time I pass the bar, so the cost/benefit analysis is different than it would be for someone with a longer career ahead of them.

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Should I transfer from T4 -> GULC.

Post by crazywafflez » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:26 pm

Honestly, we can't tell you- your situation is unique and it's really hard to attempt to tell. I'd consider going though unless I had a fullride from your current school and thne some.

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:34 pm

I think it depends a little on what school you’re at and what kind of federal job you want. Some of the DOJ Honors program components are very name-conscious, but a lot aren’t, but that said, T4 could be pushing it. Keep in mind that if you’re committed to federal work, PSLF is something to keep in mind (I know in theory it could go away but it feels less in the bullseye in light of recent debate over forgiving student loan debt, period.)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:06 pm

First-order preference would be consumer protection/anti-trust. Definitely no desire to go the crim route (which I understand to be one of the most competitive anyway). I'd be happy to do CFPB/FTC etc, not necessarily DOJ.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”