Do law firms care if you transfer up? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Do law firms care if you transfer up?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:28 pm

Have an offer from a V10 firm from my original school, but was just admitted to Columbia. this will require I drop an internship I had lined up for the fall that I had on my resume (indicating it was upcoming obviously).

Will the firm care? Can't see how but obviously I dont want to lose my offer. I'll call tomorrow but wondering beforehand

Pennoyer v. Meh

Bronze

Re: Do law firms care if you transfer up?

Post by Pennoyer v. Meh » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:12 pm

Hard to imagine the firm will be upset that you're now going to Columbia.

Anonymous User

Re: Do law firms care if you transfer up?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:48 pm

Pennoyer v. Meh wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:12 pm
Hard to imagine the firm will be upset that you're now going to Columbia.
OP here. I can now confirm they do not. Actually I'm transferring to a school that the law firm recruits, which they said extents my decision timeline by 21 days

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”