chance me maybe Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

chance me maybe

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:02 pm

Have a 3.89 at a T20, which is good for top 10% of my class. I'm far closer to top 5% than 10% (.006 outside cutoff for top 5). I'm not diverse but have 3-5 years of work experience and have a summer position as a judicial clerk at a competitive district court.

How am I looking for CCNP and Northwestern? Should I have any hope for my HLS app? Should I supplement by sending apps out to SLS or YLS (or is this letting myself dream too much)

Also any recommendations on how to handle expressing where I am within the top 10% on a resume? definitely wanna express that I'm close to 5%

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: chance me maybe

Post by crazywafflez » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:02 pm
Have a 3.89 at a T20, which is good for top 10% of my class. I'm far closer to top 5% than 10% (.006 outside cutoff for top 5). I'm not diverse but have 3-5 years of work experience and have a summer position as a judicial clerk at a competitive district court.

How am I looking for CCNP and Northwestern? Should I have any hope for my HLS app? Should I supplement by sending apps out to SLS or YLS (or is this letting myself dream too much)

Also any recommendations on how to handle expressing where I am within the top 10% on a resume? definitely wanna express that I'm close to 5%
I'd apply to a few more T14s, but I think you'll snag one. I don't think you are out of the running for H either and it is certainly worth a try. Transfers are a bit of a black box, but I've heard/seen folks with worse numbers than you (only by a bit though), or comparable, get into HCCN and the rest of the T14. Might as well shoot your shot.

Pennoyer v. Meh

Bronze

Post by Pennoyer v. Meh » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:06 pm

I had lower grades, lower class rank, at a lower ranked school than you and got into UC and NYU, plus a few other lower T14s. Apply broadly and I'd expect you to have options.

run26.2

Silver

Post by run26.2 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:02 pm

Most likely in at one or more of CCNP, IMO (esp. N). Some hope at H. Little hope at SLS or YLS.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”