Can you do OCI at 1L school and then transfer? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Bingobilly

New

Can you do OCI at 1L school and then transfer?

Post by Bingobilly » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:21 pm

Worried about the apparent OCI stigma, and would like to transfer for purely personal reasons without getting hurt. Is there any reason I couldn't do OCI at my 1L school normally before transferring?

nixy

Gold

Re: Can you do OCI at 1L school and then transfer?

Post by nixy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:57 pm

Your school presumably wouldn't appreciate putting forward the resources for someone to get a job and then leave, and it would likely be pretty weird to explain to the firm that hired you at school X that oh wait, you go to school Y now. If you don't find out about a transfer until after your current school's OCI, that would be one thing - you can't miss out on any shot at OCI. But if your current school's OCI is after you'd get an offer (and have to accept/reject) from a transfer school, I don't think this would fly.

lshopeful17

New

Re: Can you do OCI at 1L school and then transfer?

Post by lshopeful17 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:11 am

Haven’t used my old school’s OCI but I did apply to some firms via resume drops at the school before I had an admission offer and did get an offer from a V10.

No regrets whatsoever. Tbh the firms will only interview you once so I’d probably apply via OCI at the new school if it places better

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”