Harvard-CCN Question Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
xwolfpackwolfx

New

Harvard-CCN Question

Post by xwolfpackwolfx » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:19 am

Anyone previous transfers, or really anyone in general, have an idea on what stat's normally will get someone into Harvard or any of the CCN's? I know this cycle for regular 0L admission has been super competitive so I suppose that could possibly change the calculus here?

I have a 3.97 (rank 6/≈200) from T40-50; already accepted EA at GULC

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Harvard-CCN Question

Post by crazywafflez » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:55 am

I think top 10 people at a T1 would have a good shot at HCCN. I went to a T1 and knew a person who was top 15 or so that went to H and another who was top 15% (may have been top 10%?) who went to C.
I'd think someone who was 6 at like U of A or something would have a decent shot at most of the T14 aside from YS.

lawschoolistough23

New

Post by lawschoolistough23 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:45 pm

Total black box process so the best I can do is provide my anecdotal data points:

I go to a T20 and I know a student in top 5% got into H, top 10% student who got into Chicago, top 20% who got into Columbia and then another person in the top 5% who got into NYU

Goldie

Bronze

Post by Goldie » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:19 pm

I was #1 at my ~T30 and got Harvard and Chicago (the only two of those four I applied to). The year before someone a couple spots down got Chicago and not Harvard. A couple years later someone got into Harvard from the top ~5%, I think, but I think may have also had a family connection.

Pennoyer v. Meh

Bronze

Post by Pennoyer v. Meh » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:03 pm

I got into UC and NYU, as well as GULC, Duke, and Penn, with a 3.75 (Top 15%), from a small T60 in the South. Didn't apply to HLS. The GULC acceptance was EA, was deferred from UC ED. This was a couple years ago.

janereacher

Bronze

Post by janereacher » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:28 pm

Adding my data point: T30-T40, 3.9, top 2.5% - accepted at HLS, Interview request at Chicago before withdrawing app. I know that someone at the same school transferred to HLS a few years before me with similar stats.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”