Columbia odds below 25th Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Columbia odds below 25th

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:59 pm

If I'm at GW and .06 below the 25th from last year's 509, is there any chance at Columbia? It seems like their GPA stats have really climbed in the last few years. Also, so many people apply to transfer from GW, will that make it harder to get in with my GPA? Would love to hear from any previous GW applicants if you're out there.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Columbia odds below 25th

Post by crazywafflez » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:02 am

No idea- take a look at the schools that xferred in the last couple of years- they most likely have different internal cutoffs for different ranks of schools (i.e. T20 school applicants can have a lower gpa than T1 and so on).
I'd just make sure to apply broadly- might as well do all the T14, or at least CCN on down, unless you have a scholarship- in which case I wouldn't apply to Gtown since you are a GW student with a scholarship and good grades.
I'd be less worried about your GPA though and more worried about your class rank. I think more schools care that you placed in the top 5/10/20% rather than the specific 3.34 vs 3.37 or something like that. I'd think if you are top 5-10% at GW you'll have a shot at most of the T14 (including possibly H, excluding YS). Top 20% is harder to judge but I'm sure one or two will bite.
Best of luck.

Anonymous User

Re: Columbia odds below 25th

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:15 pm

Thanks for your response. Rankings haven't been published, I suppose I'll have a better idea when that happens. Unfortunately GW only lets you know if you are top 1 - 15 %. But you're right that it is probably best to just blanket apply.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”