Fall Internship on Transfer Resume? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Fall Internship on Transfer Resume?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 21, 2021 12:16 pm

I was offered an internship for the Fall semester at a very highly regarded company/agency/organization for the field of law I'm pursuing. At the same time, I'm applying to transfer, which would take me outside of my current city. Should I put this upcoming internship on my transfer resume? Or leave it off because it's unlikely I will be able to participate if I am accepted into a new school?

I will try and work out keeping the internship at the new school virtually, but I'm not sure I can. I applied to this internship because it will really help my marketability for biglaw jobs (plus it's really interesting), and I obviously have to plan for the likely possibility I'm not accepted to transfer.

Appreciate any advice.

cavalier1138

Re: Fall Internship on Transfer Resume?

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun May 23, 2021 7:23 am

I think you can put it on, since your current intent is to do the internship.

But just to help ease your mind, this internship is not going to "really help your marketability for biglaw jobs." Unless you're targeting a very niche practice area (and most of the time, even if you are), big firms don't care about your internships.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”