Transfer LORs Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lshopeful17

New

Transfer LORs

Post by lshopeful17 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:11 am

Would appreciate any advice on when to ask for recs for transferring? Specifically, I want to ask my writing professor, but I have her this semester, as well as having had her last semester. Just feel weird asking her as my current prof for the recommendation, but I’ve had a lot of interaction with her.

Also, any advice for how to ask? My school
Is 100% zoom, so I can’t just drop by the professors offices. Is an initial email
Appropriate with an offer to have a meeting to discuss further?

KPUSN07

Bronze

Re: Transfer LORs

Post by KPUSN07 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:19 pm

lshopeful17 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:11 am
Would appreciate any advice on when to ask for recs for transferring? Specifically, I want to ask my writing professor, but I have her this semester, as well as having had her last semester. Just feel weird asking her as my current prof for the recommendation, but I’ve had a lot of interaction with her.

Also, any advice for how to ask? My school
Is 100% zoom, so I can’t just drop by the professors offices. Is an initial email
Appropriate with an offer to have a meeting to discuss further?
Recommend going to your 1st Semester professors - the classes you received the highest grades - top two; I think two should be sufficient... If you can weave in an employer or volunteer supervisor, that would be helpful too... Agree on the current semester, that could be tough.

I think the email with a phone call follow-up is appropriate; heck maybe just an initial phone call during office hours.

lshopeful17

New

Post by lshopeful17 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:18 pm

Thanks for this, yeah it's tough because I had my writing professor in the fall too, and I got an A, so I'd like to use her. I have a doctrinal prof from the fall who I was closer with too. Unfortunately I did not get to know my other two profs well.

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:23 pm

lshopeful17 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:18 pm
Thanks for this, yeah it's tough because I had my writing professor in the fall too, and I got an A, so I'd like to use her. I have a doctrinal prof from the fall who I was closer with too. Unfortunately I did not get to know my other two profs well.
Use those two professors!

lshopeful17

New

Post by lshopeful17 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:46 pm

I will, thanks! My only point was that I have the same professor for writing in the fall and spring semesters (my school requires legal writing throughout the whole year). So I need to ask her for a recommendation while I still have her, based on last semester's A. But we have a good relationship and I've met with her quite often, and it's a small class of 15 of us. Just feels awkward lol

lstdnt

New

Post by lstdnt » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:55 am

I asked for a LOR from a professor I had both semesters. His class also covered two semesters. It wasn’t awkward at all! I think more people transfer than you think.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”