T7 Transfer Chance (yes I am annoying) Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lawschoolistough23

New

T7 Transfer Chance (yes I am annoying)

Post by lawschoolistough23 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:15 pm

I have a 3.79 at a T20. Just within the top 15%.

Planning on applying to CCNP (as well as Northwestern) - how do my chances look?

Concerns that my lower class rank might fuck me over.

SowhatsNU

Bronze

Re: T7 Transfer Chance (yes I am annoying)

Post by SowhatsNU » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:44 pm

Fine.

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:44 pm

lawschoolistough23 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:15 pm

Planning on applying to CCNP (as well as Northwestern) - how do my chances look?

I think you'll do well - I'd also consider applying to GULC as a back up option

Pennoyer v. Meh

Bronze

Post by Pennoyer v. Meh » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:58 pm

Had basically those grades at a T50 and got into multiple CCNs. You'll be fine.

lawschoolistough23

New

Post by lawschoolistough23 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:44 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:44 pm

I've thought about it but I don't know if GULC is worth walking away from an 80% scholarship at a T20 that has (fairly) comparable outcomes. The improvement in outcomes feels too slight.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JamezPhoenix

New

Post by JamezPhoenix » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:16 pm

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:44 pm
KPUSN07 wrote:

I've thought about it but I don't know if GULC is worth walking away from an 80% scholarship at a T20 that has (fairly) comparable outcomes. The improvement in outcomes feels too slight.
Unless your T20 is GW I would agree that GULC is a very viable back up. Location is at least as important as any other factor. A Notre Dame or WUSTL might have good numbers but they simply cannot compete with the portability and opportunities from going to school and working in DC. Of course it depends greatly on what your goals are, but without knowing that GULC definitely punches above it's weight.
Just remember when transferring that you will have to hustle and make connections LIKE CRAZY to make up for not being their for 1L.

lawschoolistough23

New

Post by lawschoolistough23 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:30 am

JamezPhoenix wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:16 pm
KPUSN07 wrote:

Unless your T20 is GW I would agree that GULC is a very viable back up. Location is at least as important as any other factor. A Notre Dame or WUSTL might have good numbers but they simply cannot compete with the portability and opportunities from going to school and working in DC. Of course it depends greatly on what your goals are, but without knowing that GULC definitely punches above it's weight.
Just remember when transferring that you will have to hustle and make connections LIKE CRAZY to make up for not being their for 1L.
Im at WashU but also not targeting the DC market really at all. Pretty exclusively interested in NY and Chicago. Do you think GW's portability is that much better than any other school in the T25?

JamezPhoenix

New

Post by JamezPhoenix » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:39 am

Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:30 am
JamezPhoenix wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:16 pm
KPUSN07 wrote:

Im at WashU but also not targeting the DC market really at all. Pretty exclusively interested in NY and Chicago. Do you think GW's portability is that much better than any other school in the T25?
No, I just think Washington DC is unique. GULC/GW place in NY as much as they place in DC (perhaps more given how DC is even harder to crack than NY). I am not saying definitively to make the move from WUSTL to GULC, but I think you should definitely keep it as an option. Admissions, esp transfers are impossible to predict give what has been reported for the last six months.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:25 am

Ok, not sure how this thread escaped prior notice, but do not give up an 80% scholarship at WashU for GULC. If you're doing well enough at WashU to be competitive for a transfer to CCN, then there will be no benefit to a GULC transfer.

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:15 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:25 am
Ok, not sure how this thread escaped prior notice, but do not give up an 80% scholarship at WashU for GULC. If you're doing well enough at WashU to be competitive for a transfer to CCN, then there will be no benefit to a GULC transfer.
agree - didn't realize poster is at WashU - stay for sure vice GULC

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”