I attend a t100 law school and have a 3.57 GPA, what are my chances of transferring? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rchoudhury

New

I attend a t100 law school and have a 3.57 GPA, what are my chances of transferring?

Post by rchoudhury » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:52 pm

Hi! So I currently attend a t100 law school in MA and I want to transfer to a law school in NY, so like NYU, Columbia, Fordham, Yeshiva, Cornell. I'm also applying for law school transfers in D.C. since I did my undergrad there, so schools like GW, Georgetown. I'm also applying for a few law schools in MA like Boston College and Boston University. My 1L GPA looks to be 3.57. Based on this what are my chances of transferring to one of these schools?

cavalier1138

Re: I attend a t100 law school and have a 3.57 GPA, what are my chances of transferring?

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:13 pm

rchoudhury wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:52 pm
I want to transfer to a law school in NY, so like NYU, Columbia, Fordham, Yeshiva, Cornell
One of these things is not like the others...

Your transfer goals seem to be all over the place. What are your career goals, and where do you want to practice?

AJordan

Silver

Re: I attend a t100 law school and have a 3.57 GPA, what are my chances of transferring?

Post by AJordan » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:23 pm

You can find this information on the 509s. Cliffs: minimal to no chance for any of the t13 schools. Georgetown might still be in play if you can get like a 4.0 next semester. The others are probably doable at your current GPA but then you'd be paying sticker for schools where graduating with a huge debt load is a scary proposition.

kook

New

Post by kook » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:00 pm

I applied early from a school in the high 90's with a 3.59 and was accepted at Georgetown, so definitely within reach.

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:39 pm

rchoudhury wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:52 pm
Hi! So I currently attend a t100 law school in MA and I want to transfer to a law school in NY, so like NYU, Columbia, Fordham, Yeshiva, Cornell. I'm also applying for law school transfers in D.C. since I did my undergrad there, so schools like GW, Georgetown. I'm also applying for a few law schools in MA like Boston College and Boston University. My 1L GPA looks to be 3.57. Based on this what are my chances of transferring to one of these schools?
You'll get into GWU and very likely Fordham - the others from most likely to least likely: GULC, Cornell, NYU, CLS

Don't apply to Yeshiva - you're better off staying with that great GPA; I'd almost hesitate to GWU / Fordham unless you want Big law NYC (exclusively NYC - go to Fordham); GWU can be tougher IMO.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”