BU vs GW Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Pollinator

New

BU vs GW

Post by Pollinator » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:36 am

I'm a rising 2L at a T1 school and currently looking to transfer. I've received an admission from BU and GW and am torn between the two. I have no preference living either in DC or Boston, but I want to maximize my chance of getting into a biglaw (yes I know my risk in the two schools). I'll probably pursuing my career in tax law (I hold a CPA certificate) and it seems that BU has a strong tax curriculum. But I'm geographically appealed to DC as it is home to many federal governments like IRS, and it'll open the doors to many interesting externship opportunities. Any thoughts as to which school to choose?

objctnyrhnr

Re: BU vs GW

Post by objctnyrhnr » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:17 am

I think BU has an edge in a down economy, and boston is easier to break into because you usually don’t have an enormous amount of out of state t14ers trying to get there.

decimalsanddollars

Bronze

Re: BU vs GW

Post by decimalsanddollars » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:16 am

Agreed with the above. You could also do BU now and try for a GULC tax LLM afterward, which would get you back to DC with an excellent tax credential.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”