Renegotiating Scholarship At Current School Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Renegotiating Scholarship At Current School

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:46 pm

Hi everyone, I have an acceptance from a school but would be interested in staying in my current if they increase my scholarship. Who should I contact to start this conversation? I was thinking of a dean but should I go directly to the financial aid office? Thanks.

ignorantfoot96

New

Re: Renegotiating Scholarship At Current School

Post by ignorantfoot96 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:01 pm

Probably Dean, is the school you were accepted at substantially better than your current school? and presuming you are top 10%?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:37 pm

I would say I am in the top 1% at my current school. I would be transferring from a T1 to a T14 so it is a good jump to make but my current school does offer good job prospects. At this point, I want to keep all my options open.

decimalsanddollars

Bronze

Post by decimalsanddollars » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:02 am

Dean. It's probably not a call the fin aid office can make on its own, and you probably don't have time to wait on the conversation to go up and back down the ladder, especially if your current school's admin is not great.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”