GULC Transfer Waitlist Crew 2020 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Lurklurk

New

Re: GULC Transfer Waitlist Crew 2020

Post by Lurklurk » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:54 am

khart11 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:13 am
Lurklurk wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:27 pm
I got the ole “class is closed but anything can happen over the summer” email this afternoon. Anyone else? I kind of expected another wave since some folks said they hadn’t heard back yet and it seems like some big schools are still rendering decisions. Not sure how to read it. Never expected to get off the WL anyway...
Yeah I think all us waitlisters got that. I thought it was super weird they said it like that lol. I still don't really *believe* the class is full, but if anyone can figure out what GULC is doing I'll shut up and listen. But YES there's still a lot of NYU spots I think. and *allegedly* the GULC official group chat is like 76 people (with 5 or 6 current students) so that's way short of the 105 from last year. Maybe there's something coming out this week?
Wow, you have the super inside info, lol. Agreed that GULC admissions is an enigma atm. Even acknowledging the obvious that not all accepted transfers are in the group chat and assuming the number is somewhat accurate, it’s hard to believe they’d be SHRINKING a transfer class in a year like this. The “class full” assessment seems way premature. A part of me thought maybe it was just a way to vet the list and gauge interest in preparation for any movement that might happen soon.

khart11

New

Post by khart11 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:02 pm

Lurklurk wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:54 am
khart11 wrote:
Lurklurk wrote:
I got the ole “class is closed but anything can happen over the summer” email this afternoon. Anyone else? I kind of expected another wave since some folks said they hadn’t heard back yet and it seems like some big schools are still rendering decisions. Not sure how to read it. Never expected to get off the WL anyway...
Yeah I think all us waitlisters got that. I thought it was super weird they said it like that lol. I still don't really *believe* the class is full, but if anyone can figure out what GULC is doing I'll shut up and listen. But YES there's still a lot of NYU spots I think. and *allegedly* the GULC official group chat is like 76 people (with 5 or 6 current students) so that's way short of the 105 from last year. Maybe there's something coming out this week?
Wow, you have the super inside info, lol. Agreed that GULC admissions is an enigma atm. Even acknowledging the obvious that not all accepted transfers are in the group chat and assuming the number is somewhat accurate, it’s hard to believe they’d be SHRINKING a transfer class in a year like this. The “class full” assessment seems way premature. A part of me thought maybe it was just a way to vet the list and gauge interest in preparation for any movement that might happen soon.
I've....got a lot of time on my hands.....

LOL I've heard that conspiracy before and I mean the less people the better....

billxcarter

New

Post by billxcarter » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:43 pm

khart11 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:02 pm
Lurklurk wrote:
khart11 wrote:
Lurklurk wrote:

Got waitlisted today so... that’s scary.

Lurklurk

New

Post by Lurklurk » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:04 pm

billxcarter wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:43 pm
khart11 wrote:
Lurklurk wrote:
khart11 wrote:
Lurklurk wrote:

Wow, GULC admissions. The gift that keeps on getting weirder. The most recent (highly scientific) reddit poll suggests that there have been an appreciable number of acceptances withdrawn....Again, the cynic in me wonders why there wouldn’t be a larger class this year. Transfers do not impact any stats that matter except bar passage and I doubt that waitlisted transfer students would destroy that number. Furthermore, there are literally zero space concerns next year (do people even take classes on campus/attend class 3L year?) and you have to think their books were blown up like everyone else’s....

khart11

New

Post by khart11 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:06 am

Lurklurk wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:04 pm
billxcarter wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:43 pm
khart11 wrote:
Lurklurk wrote:
khart11 wrote:
Lurklurk wrote:

Wow, GULC admissions. The gift that keeps on getting weirder. The most recent (highly scientific) reddit poll suggests that there have been an appreciable number of acceptances withdrawn....Again, the cynic in me wonders why there wouldn’t be a larger class this year. Transfers do not impact any stats that matter except bar passage and I doubt that waitlisted transfer students would destroy that number. Furthermore, there are literally zero space concerns next year (do people even take classes on campus/attend class 3L year?) and you have to think their books were blown up like everyone else’s....

I mean there’s got to be space, the official group me has like 70 people....that’s like 30 more spots, not to mention all the people withdrawing to go to NYU and Columbia.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

billxcarter

New

Post by billxcarter » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:31 pm

When do you guys think we will find out? I’ve got a deadline at Emory of the 20th 😫

khart11

New

Post by khart11 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:43 pm

They say they look at it daily but I feel like at the end of the month is the best case.....

billxcarter

New

Post by billxcarter » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:01 pm

Any movement?

schaha24

New

Post by schaha24 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:25 pm

I got waitlisted last thursday (7/23)... anyone see any movement on the list yet? hadn't found this forum until right now.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lawschlglobal

New

Post by Lawschlglobal » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:36 pm

Crickets....

Lurklurk

New

Post by Lurklurk » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:29 pm

Welcome to the crew. Can’t believe they’re still adding to the waitlist weeks after they sent an email saying the class was full lol. Not sure if/when they’ll be movement. A bunch of us expected movement after the big schools made decisions early in July, but nothing came even though a decent amount of people posted that they were withdrawing. Then we got an email saying the class was full, and then people kept getting added to the waitlist. It’s a real enigma! There’s been talk about people being added to a preferred waitlist recently but I’ve kind of checked out tbh.

schaha24

New

Post by schaha24 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:46 pm

Has anyone heard anything new today? I thought maybe on a friday end of the month there might be some movement...

humanoidNY

New

Post by humanoidNY » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:40 pm

Accepted yesterday 8/3

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Ptevtax

New

Post by Ptevtax » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:24 pm

Were you on the preferred waitlist?

humanoidNY

New

Post by humanoidNY » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:18 pm

Ptevtax wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:24 pm
Were you on the preferred waitlist?
I was on the preferred wait list. Is there actually another wait list? I just kind of assumed there was only the preferred wait list and they put everyone on it to make them feel special and think their chances for getting off it were better

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”