Eligibility of Harvard transferees for latin honors Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Eligibility of Harvard transferees for latin honors

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:22 pm

Does Harvard Law School confer Latin honors to its transferees? If so, how does it compute the transferee’s GPA?

Thanks.

aj1221

New

Re: Eligibility of Harvard transferees for latin honors

Post by aj1221 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:09 pm

Yes. Same practice as I imagine at most other schools, your 1L gpa doesn’t count towards Latin honors, only your 2L and 3L grades at H.

Goldie

Bronze

Re: Eligibility of Harvard transferees for latin honors

Post by Goldie » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:06 am

^^ This is correct. And, I might add, my fellow transfers seemed disproportionately to receive latin honors. If you're good enough at law school to be admitted to HLS as a transfer, you'll likely also do well at HLS.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”