Take a semester off to transfer? Plz help Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Incognito11

New

Take a semester off to transfer? Plz help

Post by Incognito11 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:11 pm

I have a somewhat complex question..

I began law school in the Spring, which I didn't realize at the time would severely limit the schools I can transfer into and would also throw off oci and when I can be a summer associate.

My options are either transfer into Georgetown in spring 2018 or take a semester off, apply on the normal cycle, and begin my 2L year at whatever school I choose to transfer to.

Would taking a semester off to be back on the normal fall/spring transfer and oci schedule be a good idea? What could I do in that time?

I don't want to sound arrogant in the slightest. Georgetown would be and has been a dream of mine. However, I live in Chicago and have a goal of working in big law. I would love the opportunity to transfer into Northwestern, Michigan, or another t14 school with impressive big law statistics. With that being said, do I even have a decent chance at getting into a school ranked above Georgetown? (Tttt 4.0 top 1%)

I apologize for the long post, but starting in the Spring has proven to make things extra complicated and there aren't many resources online. Any advice I receive is sincerely appreciated.

If worst comes to worst (lol) I transfer into Georgetown which would be absolutely amazing. I feel lucky to be in this "predicament."

Thank you!

barkschool

Silver

Re: Take a semester off to transfer? Plz help

Post by barkschool » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:55 pm

No experience, worth talking to admissions at whatever school your targeting and asking if you even have a shot at admission with your plan.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”